New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Mga bro! i have a problem I want to buy a toyota MR2 3rd gen. my friends told me that it's not a good idea because converted cars are not so dependable specially yung pang ilalim, pero gusto ko talaga ng MR2, ano ba yung dapat ko i check before ako bumili ng converted car? I hope you can help me mga bro!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Why not just get a secondhand US car? Prices will be similar, and you won't have to deal with poor dash fitment and conversion issues with alignment and power steering.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    IMHO, basta converted, nakakatakot.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It'll actually depend on how the conversion was performed and the quality of the shop doing the conversion. But unless you or a friend or an acquaintance you can bring along are familiar with the steering system of the MR2, and can perform a detailed inspection of the quality of the conversion, then it's a crapshoot as to whether it'll actually stay in one piece or not as you drive it home.

Look for an American import. Might cost a bit more... but the money you save from not having to deal with conversion issues or having to repair a faulty conversion should make up for the price difference.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Nasabi kong nakakatakot kasi ang mga 2nd had cars na ito ay imported typically as is. So ang importer na rin ang mag convert to Left hand drive. May mga nababalita na ng mga vans na biglang hindi gumagana ang steering. Since MR2 hindi maiiwasan na mabilis magpatakbo. Kaya for me, wag na lang.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Thank you for your good advise I think you are right.so I'll just look for an American car preferably Mustang. Thanks again...

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It'll actually depend on how the conversion was performed and the quality of the shop doing the conversion. But unless you or a friend or an acquaintance you can bring along are familiar with the steering system of the MR2, and can perform a detailed inspection of the quality of the conversion, then it's a crapshoot as to whether it'll actually stay in one piece or not as you drive it home.

Look for an American import. Might cost a bit more... but the money you save from not having to deal with conversion issues or having to repair a faulty conversion should make up for the price difference.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    Nasabi kong nakakatakot kasi ang mga 2nd had cars na ito ay imported typically as is. So ang importer na rin ang mag convert to Left hand drive. May mga nababalita na ng mga vans na biglang hindi gumagana ang steering. Since MR2 hindi maiiwasan na mabilis magpatakbo. Kaya for me, wag na lang.
    Yun din talaga ang nasa isip ko I know na di ko maiiwasan na di mabilis ang takbo since I'm staying here in Laguna i often visit my wife's relative in Pangasinan so i need a fast car that will stay intact and safe to use, nagustuhan ko kasi MR2 because of the design and speed. thank you for your advise!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod007 View Post
    Thank you for your good advise I think you are right.so I'll just look for an American car preferably Mustang. Thanks again...
    I think Niky meant look for one that is USDM instead of JDM. The MR2 was sold int he US too so you can find a left hand drive instead of converted. You said it's 3rd gen so that is the convertible version or is it the one that looks like a Ferrari imitation?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    I prefer the Ferrari look a like, one of my friend have one and I try to test drive it yesterday and i love it! but I never try to drive it fast.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ^^^ Pag sumipa na ang turbo, sarap pa lalong ihataw. Hindi ba kaya sports car ang MR2?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
converted MR2is it good to buy?