New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Mga master I have questions as per subject. Magkaiba topic pero pinagsama ko na lang. Tamad eh. Here it goes.

First, someone told me to not turn on the aircon immediately after cold start. Is this correct and how long to wait? Forgot to ask the guy this question.

Second, what's the initial rev on your tachometer upon cold start of your Altis 2003 or of same generation?

Third, san po ba sulit magpa-install ng Solar Guard other than LA Car Accessories? Gusto ko sana dun kaya lang 4,900 charge nila pero kung may mas mura and same quality of work sana dun na lang sa makakatipid. I prefer somewhere in Marikina or Antipolo.

TIA.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    from the first start in the morning, naging hobby ko na mag-wait at least 15-30secs before going/running/turning on the AC. just to let the oil circulate inside the engine. pero kung at least a day or 2 na hindi ko nagamit ang altis ko, while running, i just wait for the temp needle to rise up kahit 1 or 2 lines, till then that ill just open my AC.

sa cold start, usually, nasa 1.3-1.5k rpm ang reading ng tachometer. after the engine reaches its operating temp, nasa 700-850 rpm na lang (eto lang yun nakikita ko)

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Thanks aejhay! Parang almost 2k rpm nakita ko kanina sa kin. May affect kaya temperature? Medyo mas malamig kasi umuulan kaya mas mataas rev?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    pa tune up mo n yan pare....

about sa aircon, it don't have to do with the oil circulation upon first start, just take your time before turning on the ac, this will let your battery to charge better before exhausting some power sa aircon...10 minutes pwede na mag open ng aircon

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Thanks revo sr. Kanina inobserbahan ko tachometer. Pumalo ng 2k rpm upon start tapos bumaba agad to 1.6k rpm. Pag ganun kelangan na itune up?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    According to Lexxus my cars cold start rev is normal. Also found an engine cold start video on you tube which is very similar to my car. Here's the link [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CKsclwL0U"]YouTube - Cold start a Toyota Corolla 1.6[/ame].

Just wondering why others don't rev at 2k rpm. What factors affecting this variation among corolla altis.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ^^imho, thats normal

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Well just had may car tuned up and now the initial rev for cold start is 1.6k to 1.8k. Thanks revo sr! I think the lesson is if there's change from what you normally observe then have your car checked by your suking mechanic.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    that looked normal to me sir. ok lang po yan. its better to have that rather than having a problem na bumabagsag yung RPM. yan ang masakit sa ulo, may sira yung isang sensor sa ford ko before.

Cold Start and Window Film Questions