New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    gud day tsikoteerssss...
    i'm about to change oil my toyota revo sr diesel engine...i just want to know some inputs what oil should i use. last year, i've used mobil1 fully synthetic oil which is good for 10,000 kilometers...any suggestions for diesel engine, a fully synthetic oil too? pros and cons? tnx po

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Can i know Hows the performance of Mobil 1 Fully synthetic oil on your revo. Im using caltex delo gold.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Mobil 1 is a good oil, but what you really must look into is the coirrect application. I would suggest a 5W40 full synthetic dual rated motor oil, API SM/CF, SL/CF.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would suggest against changing every 10,000kms though. Our driving conditions (hot/humid with lots of stop and go traffic) would call for changing every 5,000kms at the least; Even if the oil won't degrade over since its synth, the amount of dirt circulating will just be the same for your oil filter so at least change the oil filter every 5,000kms.

Motul also has synth oil for diesels but the only one i've tried before was Caltex Delo Gold. After that, balik mineral oil since i prefer the peace of mind in changing every 5,000kms to avoid any sludge problems in the future.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    its better to change oil every 5000.
    mineral oil would be ok as recommended also by casa. Just change your oil every 5k, (CRDi engine Tucson)

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    Can i know Hows the performance of Mobil 1 Fully synthetic oil on your revo. Im using caltex delo gold.
    ganda po sya sir, malakas humatak, very smooth ang idling at magaan dalhin ang makina...i've changed my oil and i tried shell ultra helix fully synthetic...pareho lang sila ng mobil 1...nxt time try ko nman castrol edge fully synthetic...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Sir, do i have to change my oil (diesel engine)

i only used my van only twice in a span of 6 months.. Last april pa sa Zambales and Lucena quezon..

now po kasi gagamitin ulit out of Town.

Do i need to change the oil filter and oil? or oil nalang palitan ko?

or hindi na? 700kms. palang kasi natatakbo on mineral oil...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    Sir, do i have to change my oil (diesel engine)

i only used my van only twice in a span of 6 months.. Last april pa sa Zambales and Lucena quezon..

now po kasi gagamitin ulit out of Town.

Do i need to change the oil filter and oil? or oil nalang palitan ko?

or hindi na? 700kms. palang kasi natatakbo on mineral oil...
    I suggest to still follow the scheduled PMS and together with it all consumables that need to be changed/replaced.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by yobma View Post
    I suggest to still follow the scheduled PMS and together with it all consumables that need to be changed/replaced.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Lugi ako isang gamit isang change oil... last time ganun din Oct. to April ko hindi nagamit... pero i change the oil..

then yung a.c. pag hindi nagagamit nawawalan ng freon sa may shaft seal nag leleak i think i need to change my ac compressor... 14 years old na kasi yung van...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    Lugi ako isang gamit isang change oil... last time ganun din Oct. to April ko hindi nagamit... pero i change the oil..

then yung a.c. pag hindi nagagamit nawawalan ng freon sa may shaft seal nag leleak i think i need to change my ac compressor... 14 years old na kasi yung van...
    may life span kasi ang motor oil so need palitan by schedule. part yan ng maintenance cost ng sasakyan. hindi fault ng motor oil if hindi mo ginagamit ang sasakyan. if you think it is not fair, then baka it is time na to sell your van.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
change oil