New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hi guys, my friend have the same unit (corolla) with mine. Binebenta nya now, so he returned some item to stock.

If I will get his items and put it in my corolla, ok kaya?

1. His Spitfire Hi-tension wire (thicker than the original), what would I get?
    2. Headers pipes is bigger, what would I also get from this?
    3. Add stainless muffler for louder sound
    4. Install SIMOTA air filter.

if I will install these item, it would maintain or increase my Fuel consumption?

More power to tsikot..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    ok lang po kunin nyo lahat as long as na ayos pa sya. and yes it will add you a little power and increase your FC, imo..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    uu mag iincrease FC mo since bibigat apak mo sa gas para ma "feel" ung mga mods na kinabit mo... pero kung same driving habits, wala nmn increase, dapat nga bumaba pa since mas magiging efficient ang engine mo..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    1. hi tention wires does [SIZE=3]absolutely nothing for the engine performance. its purely aesthetics.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]2. whats the split? 4-2-1 or 4-1?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]3. wala din magagawa yan, kung wala straight pipe... [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]4. simota tube is ok pero change the head to k&n. minsan negative hp pa if simota.[/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    ang headers is 4-1... sa stock kasi 1 tube lang ang itsura.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    the headers might improve your hp by a small amount... kasi to fully utilize the headers dapat full exhaust ka na (straight pipe and muffler).

in terms of number's, i would not have an idea lang.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    Hi guys, my friend have the same unit (corolla) with mine. Binebenta nya now, so he returned some item to stock.

If I will get his items and put it in my corolla, ok kaya?

1. His Spitfire Hi-tension wire (thicker than the original), what would I get?
    2. Headers pipes is bigger, what would I also get from this?
    3. Add stainless muffler for louder sound
    4. Install SIMOTA air filter.

if I will install these item, it would maintain or increase my Fuel consumption?

More power to tsikot..
    1. Splitfire hi-tension? Meh. Cheap. Crappy. Besides which, high tension wires don't really do much.

2. Headers won't work, as archie says, in conjunction with a better exhaust. Otherwise, forget it. If it's local crush bent iron, forget it. Save up money for mandrel bent stainless. If you're going to add something to the car, add something nice.

3. Stainless muffler, same. Won't work without a full exhaust set-up.

4. Simota air-filter? Forget it. Even the new ones don't really flow well compared to a K&N filter head. Just save up money and buy yourself a good filter.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    tHanks Niky,

Actually labor lang ang gastos ko, mga 2500. The materials are free.. hehehe

Now that I know, I will think twice before I will let the mechanic install it. hehehe

Concern ko kasi fuel consumption, baka biglang tumaas.. hehehe

Btw, the jet (tama ba spelling ko) in my corolla now is 90 (eto sabi ng mechanic ko) while he tune-up it up yesterday (may 2, 2008). he asked me if I would like to change it to 100, kasi I complained to him that at times the vibration is strong while on the go kasi parang gusto mamatay (pero di naman namamatay) ang engine. tama ba mechanic or is he making a fool out of me?

thanks

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A bigger jet should give you more power if you're experiencing "palya", but try cleaning it first before going for the bigger jet, that might cure the "palya". A bigger jet will mean higher fuel consumption, but probably not by much.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

change of Hi-Tension wires, Headers, Air filter and muffler