New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    hi! i wanted to replace my 2DIN vios HU with a DVD player/TV/audio unit but i wanted to preserve the stock wiring harness. where can i buy a harness adapter so I don't need to cut the stock harness just to install my new HU? I already inquired from Jeff Tan/ACA but he doesn't have them and instead advised me to just splice and connect. I'd rather do it plug n play using the harness adapter If you know someone who can install my unit using such harness, it's still ok. QC/makati area service, Toyota Vios 1.5G 2006 thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by paetechie View Post
    hi! i wanted to replace my 2DIN vios HU with a DVD player/TV/audio unit but i wanted to preserve the stock wiring harness. where can i buy a harness adapter so I don't need to cut the stock harness just to install my new HU? I already inquired from Jeff Tan/ACA but he doesn't have them and instead advised me to just splice and connect. I'd rather do it plug n play using the harness adapter If you know someone who can install my unit using such harness, it's still ok. QC/makati area service, Toyota Vios 1.5G 2006 thanks
    actually, i was also looking for that when i replaced my HU two weeks ago. wala talaga. even went to look sa quiapo but to no avail.

so splice and connect talaga ginawa ko.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I remember you could buy a harness adaptor from an affiliate of RJ Music Store in Robinsons Galleria before, I just can't recall the name of that store. This is mostly used to adapt to OEM head unit harness when replacing the stock stereo unit and to preserve the originality/ integrity of the wire harness. What I have observed right now is the usual practice of cut and splice method when replacing the OEM head unit with a new unit.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nickriingen View Post
    I remember you could buy a harness adaptor from an affiliate of RJ Music Store in Robinsons Galleria before, I just can't recall the name of that store. This is mostly used to adapt to OEM head unit harness when replacing the stock stereo unit and to preserve the originality/ integrity of the wire harness. What I have observed right now is the usual practice of cut and splice method when replacing the OEM head unit with a new unit.
    hi nickriingen, i will drop by Robinsons one of these days to look for it...hope you can remember the store's name to make it easier. if not I can request a friend to order it online and hand-carried to me next month thanks

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Most installers never cut into the harness nowadays. Most of them will cut THE RADIO harness and transfer it to your new radio so it snaps right into the dashboard harness.

At least that's what my installer does.

Splice and connect isn't really bad. The wires are the same anyways (power, ground, speakers plus options like antenna and amp trigger).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    nickriingen, dropped by RJ in Galleria and nearby stores but nada, nil, none. hope you can remember later xda2jojo, yes, seen that too before but the seller isn't responding, no price and OLX has some sort of internal error...thanks for the link and effort though OTEP, toyota vios' stereo harness plug directly to the back of the HU so there's nothing to cut except the original car harness which is already short. I think i'm really going to ask a friend from abroad to order one for me online and handcarry it one of these days. I've been burned by Customs before when they tried to charge me double the amount of an item ordered online, if they charge a fair amount it would've been no problem thanks for all the replies

car stereo harness