New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Can a 4AGE on a Starlet KP61 out run a B16 SIR?

Hello just a quick question stock vs. stock (engine) sino panalo over all performance

Straight line ?
    Slalom?
    Up hill?
    Drag race?

assuming same skill driver same tires etc.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JanineIssa View Post

Hello just a quick question stock vs. stock (engine) sino panalo over all performance

Straight line ?
    Slalom?
    Up hill?
    Drag race?

assuming same skill driver same tires etc.
    Depends. Which 4AGE? With a regular 130hp high-horse, might be close (though I'd bet on the Starlet)... anything better (20v, GZE, GTE, etcetera) would annihilate a stock SiR in a straight drag... though top-speed runs might be a different story, depending on the gearing of the transmission you bolt to the Starlet. In a slalom or hill-climb, it'll depend on the handling modifications done to the Starlet. With TRD suspension bits and modern-sized (i.e.: not skinny) tires, the Starlet should trounce the bigger, heavier and longer SiR handily.

Of course, that's not stock. On stock tires and suspension, even with an engine change, a Starlet would be hard-put to trounce an SiR... just not enough grip or traction... though it might still beat it in a slalom.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In a straight line drag race, I think the Civic SiR would have the advantage.

In a slalom, the starlet/4age would win with better bottom end response and better ability to change direction.

Uphill? Straight line or curving roads? Stock to stock, Civic will edge out due to better traction.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    KP61 with a good strong 4age will beat a SIR B16 In a slalom due to the weight advantage, 1/4 drag race maybe not and on up hill KP61 has a shorter gear ratio w/ a lighter weight than a SIR so you can us that to your advantage. i have a 4agze on my AE86, and use to have a eg hatch with a B16 if you ask me 4age maybe a an old motor but with its high revving personality its what got me hooked.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    subscribing..