New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Depends on which manufacturer has the best catering service and the most giveaways. :D
    pls. research before giving out these kinds of posts:

1.) COTY-P IS independent and is not asking for solicitation from manufacturers to eliminate brand bias. If you will read the PR's correctly walang nakalagay dun na sponsor ang Toyota, Mitsu, etc.

2.) Butch Gamboa is not part of COTY-P. He has his own group, SPMJ (Society of Phil. Motoring Journalists), which sponsors the annual Automobile of the Year via text voting. This is not in any way connected to COTY-P as they do instrumented (quantitative) and qualitative testing.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by junkie View Post

1.) COTY-P IS independent and is not asking for solicitation from manufacturers to eliminate brand bias. If you will read the PR's correctly walang nakalagay dun na sponsor ang Toyota, Mitsu, etc.

2.) Butch Gamboa is not part of COTY-P. He has his own group, SPMJ (Society of Phil. Motoring Journalists), which sponsors the annual Automobile of the Year via text voting. This is not in any way connected to COTY-P as they do instrumented (quantitative) and qualitative testing.
    Good point bro...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ahhhhhhhhh

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by junkie View Post

+1 here

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Re: new Camry

i rarely see a new camry in the road, or is it just me?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Re: new Camry

i rarely see a new camry in the road, or is it just me?
    I've seen quite a few of them, already... but I'm always in Alabang, and that's an A-B class area, where you see lots of cars that aren't common elsewhere... for example, there are dozens of Mazda Tributes on the road there at any time...

----

RE: PCOTY: C'mon, OTEP wasn't serious... or was he?

I've personally agreed with many of the PCOTY's choices, but I don't know if they'll give the Camry the nod, as though it's much better than most of the competition, the PCOTY judges pay close attention to value-for-money...

Thus, cars that offer more "bang-for-your-buck" are often in the winner's circle... the Ford Ranger, Ford Lynx, Mazda6, the Mitsubishi Lancer MX (a perennial also-ran elsewhere), Volvos, the Chrysler 300C and the Hyundai Getz... thus, the Camry's high price of entry might handicap it in this contest.

But the Honda Accord V6 won last time, so it's not impossible for an expensive car to notch the win... just less probable. Some really great cars, like the Focus, Mazda3 and the Honda Jazz ( ) have failed to make it... mostly due to price.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ganda nga talaga yung bagong Camry. very strong contender for car of the year (except maybe for the pricing).

OTEP,

Aba, kung ganyan yung criteria, Toyota na yung panalo. Sila talaga pinaka-bongga mag press event/product launch. Hehehe :D

boybi,

dami nang camry sa daan. Sales have been very good too: 366 units sold through Oct 2006, 123 of which were 3.5 Q variants.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt View Post
    Ganda nga talaga yung bagong Camry. very strong contender for car of the year (except maybe for the pricing).

OTEP,

Aba, kung ganyan yung criteria, Toyota na yung panalo. Sila talaga pinaka-bongga mag press event/product launch. Hehehe :D

boybi,

dami nang camry sa daan. Sales have been very good too: 366 units sold through Oct 2006, 123 of which were 3.5 Q variants.
    With numbers like that, I'm betting it's eating into 300C sales, too... the cars are much alike in terms of power and pricing.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt View Post
    oo nga, biglang nag sulputan mga camry sa daan.

ano na nangyari sa honda accord with the redesigned rear?
    isa pa lang ata nakita ko

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    niky,

not really... 81 units of the 300C were sold through November... not bad.

55 Accords were sold from August (when the facelifted one was introduced) to October. Toyota totally dominates the midsize segment, as usual.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Camry '07 - Coty!!!