New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    the Altis is nice. and i'd take it IF it is the 2.0L model. it's like a small camry but too far away of the camry's amenities and ride comfort plus performance.

There are alot of dealers offering better deals and better cars. May we know what dealer are you dealing with? why not get a Ford Focus madam? it's really a bang for the buck. But if you really want a toyota, it's your choice.

Good luck.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Sir 3ZR-FE po yung 2.0 model. Been out since 2009. Our non-facelift 2.0V has it. The 1.6 Dual-VVTi engine you're saying is the 1ZR-FE if I'm not mistaken. The 1.6G model keeps the 4-AT but is available with a 6-MT while the 1.6V has a CVT. The facelift 2.0V keeps the 3ZR-FE of before but now has CVT as well instead of the old and goddamn slow to react but creamy smooth 4-AT.
    Thanks for the clarification! Is the CVT any better than the 4-speed A/T?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Anuman brand, basta kung ano ang gusto ng puso mo, yun ang sundin mo TS, sa ngayon sa day to day city driving, mas ok ang AT, less stress....pag-uwi mo ng bahay pwede ka pa magchaha....

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    I really don't like Toyota's, well except for the Camry hehe.

*TS - try mo rin sir tumingin ng Mazda2 or Ford Fiesta.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I think what was quoted to you was the 2011 Altis V kaya 930k ang quote (kaya may sinasabi syang side skirts). Sa G trim, the new Altis would supposedly just be about 870k lang.

Malayong malayo ang ginanda ng Altis sa Vios, kung budget mo nasa P800k, go for the Altis. However, medyo mga 65k difference din yung new versus old Altis. Hindi ko pinili Altis dati because of the old engine, kung ako tatanungin, mas kampante ako sa new Altis (mas maliit ang chance na magka-buyer's remose ka kung newer model pipiliin mo.)

If hanggang 800k lang talaga budget mo, old Altis ako versus the Vios, then maintain nalang maayos ang makina.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    hi mam.. why not try an automatic avanza? much bigger space and much cheaper than a vios of same engine.. (adik sa avanza)

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    desert fox, hehe.. i know. i was just thinking baka new m/t cars aren't as painful to drive.. but yeah, going for a/t . clutch pain aside, i really do love my car, and love driving it, i feel so engaged withthe car and the road and in control. getting an a/t requires major adjusting i felt a little panicked test driving the a/ts.

surgeon_jm, we have an avanza that serves as the family vehicle already. i need to buy one to replace my personal car, an m/t, so it'll mostly be just me riding it 75% of the time doin city driving...

right now, after reading so many threads and going over the replies so many times, it seems the new altis is really the better car, but i'm still weighing if it's the best for me (and worth going over the budget vs a practical vios), being a small person and not much of a car enthusiast when it comes to maintenance. I'm trying to remember if driving the vios 1.6G felt too much like driving a taxi, sayang the road was just a smooth stretch, no humps or bumps to really see. Dealers don't allow test drives pa naman, i was only able to do so during the caravan event at the Fort.

homer & sirbossr, the new and cheapest Altis G is 894k, plus insurance, etc, i'm very hesitant spending close to a mil just for a car i thought the 2010 altis was a really great offer (805k) but may catch pala with the engine type used, bummer. i sometimes pass... unpleasant areas for shortcuts, parang i don't want to be riding in an almost 1M car and just have a random kid scratch it for kicks, lol. if only the altis were smaller and a little cheaper... it really is pretty.

ben_david, re ford fiesta, it's too sporty for me :D it's cute, but too youngish for me. tho i do love the mazda (it was one of my choices, i really like its front, the back design not so much) but when i researched how much of a gas guzzler it is and a little expensive to maintain, i had to scratch it off the list.

aesthetics aside, the most criticised about the vios is the feeling of "floating" at speeds 100km/h up, stiff/matagtag ride and "nervous suspension in hard running" -- are these as worrisome/dangerous as they sound? Esp. the last two, do these mean bad quality that I can expect to get worse quickly, like after just a year?

Also, i've read lots of complaints when the wheels provided are GT-- is it normal to request a certain brand? and just add on a bit for the wheel upgrade?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    i noticed na iba iba ang quotation for the insurance. somebody told me na racket daw ng mga SA/dealer yan. just wondering if its possible to get the insurance from company other than those being push by the dealer?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by advan View Post
    desert fox, hehe.. i know. i was just thinking baka new m/t cars aren't as painful to drive.. but yeah, going for a/t . clutch pain aside, i really do love my car, and love driving it, i feel so engaged withthe car and the road and in control. getting an a/t requires major adjusting i felt a little panicked test driving the a/ts.

Walang major adjustment kang kailangan sa AT, basta yung kaliwang paa mo, wala siyang gagawin kundi irelax mo lang,(pakuyakuyakoy ba....hehehe-jk) basta yung kanan mong paa ang siyang bahala sa mga pedal.....brake at accelerator.

kapag nakagamay mo na ang AT, baka sabihin mo sa sarili mo, "why I didnt think of that before?" hehehe....

Wala akong ibang maipayo jan, basta kung gusto mong komportableng pagmamaneho at makapagdisco sa gabi, AT na kunin mo ha...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by surgeon_jm View Post
    hi mam.. why not try an automatic avanza? much bigger space and much cheaper than a vios of same engine.. (adik sa avanza)
    Muntik na sana ako magkaroon nyan avanza, kaya lang nagamit sa iba yung budget...sayang....di bale, ipon uli....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
buying a toyota, advise pls