New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    hindi naman forte ng toyota ang diesel saka pickup, kaya lang sumikat hilux kasi nauna siya magpalit noon. walang binatbat previous gen hilux sa previous gen strada. so I guess, limit your choice with the Pajero maker

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    sir, consider mo din yung upcoming Frontier, 170+ hp, 400+ nm torque...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cardo View Post
    Always have the end result in mind. Afterwards, do reverse engineering to know how to achieve it.

What will the car be used for, what would you like it to have? etc.

but if you ask me get 3.2 strada!
    +1... what do you want a pickup for?

If you're buying it as a daily driver and will only use it as a pickup occassionally, the Strada is perhaps the best choice. Mitsubishi DiDs feel a lot like gas engines (smooth, seamless) and Mitsubishi has managed to give the Strada a nice buttery suspension. Handling is decent, considering the soft set-up.

The Hilux has the best seating space, but the unladen ride is nothing short of awful. Good engine for highway use, but the automatic transmission lag is pretty bad. Pretty stable, though.

I think the D-Max's suspension is more comfortable than the Hilux's, but the Hilux and Strada have it beat on rear seat.

If you're buying it for the looks, a Strada or a Hilux would do.

If you're buying it for the power to haul a lot of stuff and off-road ability, the Ranger is the best out there at the moment. Heavy duty suspension, but the ride isn't too bad, terrific engine (faster than the Hilux... and it drifts, too, thanks the rear LSD... :naughty2: ) and good off-road ability. Actually, that LSD is the best reason to get the Ranger... as it gives you good traction on slippery surfaces, making it more forgiving than the others in terms of handling.

But you might want to wait for the Nissan Frontier Navarra and see if that'll fit you. It doesn't look to be as spacious as the Hilux or as stylish as the Strada, but it claims to have everything beaten on power. We'll see if that's true when it comes out.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The 3.2 Strada does come with a standard LSD.

But again, you'd have to ask yourself what you are going to use if for and which of them makes you feel better.

I'd take a Strada 3.2 A/T if I ever have to make the choice.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Right now its the Mits. STRADA GLS 3.2L....but later this year..The Nissan Navarra can be another good option.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    3.2 DiD over the 3.0 D-4D rin ako. less than 200K pa.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I will go for Mitsubishi Strada. value your money

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    strada for me. it has the better ride and right amount of power for me.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Kung ako yan, Mitsubishi Strada na.

Make mine M/T, please.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    The 3.2 Strada does come with a standard LSD.

But again, you'd have to ask yourself what you are going to use if for and which of them makes you feel better.

I'd take a Strada 3.2 A/T if I ever have to make the choice.
    Oh... LSD na yun?

Then that's probably your best bet if you're looking for a family-use pickup... still not as utilitarian as a Hilux, DMax or Ranger, but your butt will thank you for it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Buying a Pickup Truck Soon: Toyota Hilux or Mitsubishi Strada?