New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    hello,

Good evening. Im a newbie here need help in buying a 2nd hand..

Im in the lookout for a 2nd hand SUV and came across a 2002 rav4. I brought a mechanic to check to condition of the car.

What he did was start the engine and while running, open the radiator, and then reved the car, we noticed that the radiator fluid was coming out prang may hangin na tumutulak dun sa fluid pag nirerev, Ang assessment nya is hindi yun normal behaviour and possible na may problem yung engine. Is this true? I value naman yung sinabi ng mechanic but I would like to ask for second opinion.

Your feedbacks / thoughts are very much appreciated.

By the way, is the 2nd hand rav4 (a/t) a good investment, im also considering the 2nd gen CRV?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bembolbee View Post
    hello,

Good evening. Im a newbie here need help in buying a 2nd hand..

Im in the lookout for a 2nd hand SUV and came across a 2002 rav4. I brought a mechanic to check to condition of the car.

What he did was start the engine and while running, open the radiator, and then reved the car, we noticed that the radiator fluid was coming out prang may hangin na tumutulak dun sa fluid pag nirerev, Ang assessment nya is hindi yun normal behaviour and possible na may problem yung engine. Is this true? I value naman yung sinabi ng mechanic but I would like to ask for second opinion.

Your feedbacks / thoughts are very much appreciated.

By the way, is the 2nd hand rav4 (a/t) a good investment, im also considering the 2nd gen CRV?
    Puedeng barado yung radiaator or kailangan mo pa check ang cylinder head.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Thanks sa reply sir, ill see if kaya pa check yung cylinder head. I also notice na medyo maingay yung engine (as compared to other rav4 na observe ko), concern din kaya yun?

Buying 2nd hand SUV (patulong naman...)