New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    That's not so bad, so I assume nasa Mindanao ka din? Baka iba din kasi market dyan sa Mindanao eh compared to Metro Manila... Kasi depende din sa demand/supply ng isang lugar...

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    If its mindanao, you can forget about the dealer discount as this is off-set by the freight costs. Try to haggle it to 570K. I doubt they would lower the price very much esp. if its one of the few being sold. Its also supply and demand.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    That's not so bad, so I assume nasa Mindanao ka din? Baka iba din kasi market dyan sa Mindanao eh compared to Metro Manila... Kasi depende din sa demand/supply ng isang lugar...
    Yes I'm also here in Mindanao. So you're saying there's a possibility that location also plays a role in the pricing..?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    If its mindanao, you can forget about the dealer discount as this is off-set by the freight costs. Try to haggle it to 570K. I doubt they would lower the price very much esp. if its one of the few being sold. Its also supply and demand.
    Ok thanks for the input. I'll try to get offer something lower and see where it goes. We'll be meeting the owner tomorrow and be doing a preliminary check on the car. If we like it, then I might check the car a second time with a mechanic

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 7391N View Post
    Yes I'm also here in Mindanao. So you're saying there's a possibility that location also plays a role in the pricing..?
    Oh yes very much so...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I was able to test-drive and visually-check the car yesterday. I was impressed how clean it looked, althought here were minor scratches in the paint particularly in the area where you pump in the gasoline, but no problem for me. Over-all it was very very clean and still looked new. It appears na maalaga yung owner. Lady-owned kasi atsaka first owner pa sya. The engine was so quiet ang hirap malaman kung nakabukas na ang engine kung di mo titignan yung RPM dial. Ang tahimik din sa loob, di marinig yung mga ingay sa labas.

I just noticed something though. Medyo matagtag yung ride. Not sure kung sa kalsada or sa suspension talaga ng car ganon ang response.

So the question is, for the Yaris owners here... medyo matagtag ba talaga ang Yaris i-drive?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    As compared to sedans...hatchbacks often are like that. Compared though with the Jazz which I test drove, the Yaris' ride IMO is a bit better.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yes mas matagtag talaga ang Yaris compared to say a Vios... Roughly kasing tagtag ng Honda Civic FD...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I never found the Yaris 'tagtag'. In fact, it's much softer than the previous Honda Jazz and the older Echo.

Too bad I no longer have the original picture set. In one pic, the front bumper is scraping against the ground and a rear tire is three inches in the air. We didn't use it because it was woefully out of focus... but when shrunk to that size ^ it may not have mattered.

Probably not as soft as the 1.3 Vios, but not bad. Similar to the 1.5 Vios.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Are minor paint scratches included in the Toyota warranty? Is the service center obligated to fix those scratches if the car is still within the warranty period?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Buying a 2nd hand 2008 Toyota Yaris 1.5 M/T