New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Meron po ba dito may info sa specs ng 2007 Altis J. Paticularly sa airbags at ABS. Wala po kasi ako makita sa web. SALAMAT PO in advance for any info and suggestions.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The '07 J is one of the last units of the 9th Gen Corolla. It has airbags (driver's side only), no ABS, and comes only in a 1.6L m/t guise.

Things to check:
    - engine sludge (make sure you get a unit which has been serviced every 5,000kms)
    - shocks and bushings
    - engine mounts

It's a very straightforward car to maintain and parts are abundant. It can do around 9-10km/L in city driving and hit 14-16km/l in highway driving.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Thanks alot VINJ.

meron kasi ako pinapipilian 2, same price at all stock, isang altis E at J

yung E : model 2005 / 65K mileage

yung J : model 2007 / 70K mileage

ano kaya mas reasonable na bilhin?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Magkamukha naman yung 2005 at 2007 na Altis ang alam ko.

Kung ano ang mas ok, syempre dun ako sa mas mababa mileage at mas mataas ang variant. So dun ako sa 2005 model.

Pero yun nga, tignan mo pa rin kung ano yung maintained. Kung yung 1.6J naman eh may service history record at yung 1.6E, wala. Dun na ko sa 1.6J atleast mas sigurado. Kaya ko naman i-sacrifice yung features kung ang kapalit naman ay mas well conditioned vehicle.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tama si Renz, take a look at both units and go with what's in better condition. Given that both are good, the 2005 E seems to be less used and does come with ABS.

The J has a Sanden A/C system while the E model and up come with Nippondenso units. The Sanden is more straightforward to service as it doesnt entail having to bring down the entire dashboard.

I drive a 2007 J model BTW. It has gone 75,000kms already and it runs on LPG. Aside from the regular service, so far i've serviced the a/c once, changed the rear shocks, tie rods and rack ends (although my original OEM ones were still quite good enough), the serpentine belt and the large control arm bushing is up for replacement early next year.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Maraming salamat po sa info peeps. Much appreciated.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Update us when you bought your Altis.

Buying a 2nd Hand 2007 Altis J - Need some info