New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    I recently got a brand new Fortuner from this certain dealer in Metro Manila. I also opted to have paint protection installed inside the casa before the release (which the dealer offered, for a fee of course). When I saw the vehicle, it already had several hairline scratches and swirl marks all over. The agent acknowledged this but due to several reasons, I agreed to have the vehicle released to me. 5 days later, after much contemplating, I am requesting to have the dealer replace the vehicle. The vehicle is now parked at the dealership while I await their decision. What are my chances of having it replaced? Is it still in scope of the Lemon Law?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansatsuken View Post
    I recently got a brand new Fortuner from this certain dealer in Metro Manila. I also opted to have paint protection installed inside the casa before the release (which the dealer offered, for a fee of course). When I saw the vehicle, it already had several hairline scratches and swirl marks all over. The agent acknowledged this but due to several reasons, I agreed to have the vehicle released to me. 5 days later, after much contemplating, I am requesting to have the dealer replace the vehicle. The vehicle is now parked at the dealership while I await their decision. What are my chances of having it replaced? Is it still in scope of the Lemon Law?
    i think not, they are just going to buff it, btw whats the color? black?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    i think not, they are just going to buff it, btw whats the color? black? what are the other reasons..?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    In house paint protection... bad decision imo. You should've gone to other detailing experts

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by StockEngine; October 22nd, 2016 at 12:51 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    i think not, they are just going to buff it, btw whats the color? black?
    Color gray.

Who is at fault here? As far as I know, new vehicles come into the dealership very filthy, and they clean the car the moment it gets delivered to the casa. Those car wash guys probably used a single cloth to dry the entire vehicle, hence the swirls all over.

On the other hand, it could have been those guys who did the paint protection that scratched up the entire car.

Anyway, the dealership and I have already established that the vehicle was already scratched up even before the release. They say the paint protection guys will restore if I agreed - which I didn't. Asked for a replacement instead.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    You can ask for also for an advice with DTI FTEB on this Sir...

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    I actually returned the vehicle the very next day, and the paint protection guy tried buffing the hood, then reapplied paint protection. That same night, all scratches were still there upon inspection.

They had a guy from TMP earlier to check the thickness of the paint and clear coat. They said that brand new vehicles' paint have a thickness of 122 microns. The hood on mine now only has 118 microns - most likely as a result of the buffing, days earlier.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by eTups View Post
    You can ask for also for an advice with DTI FTEB on this Sir...

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk
    Thank you, Sir. Will do.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    I actually returned the vehicle the very next day, and the paint protection guy tried buffing the hood, then reapplied paint protection. That same night, all scratches were still there upon inspection.

They had a guy from TMP earlier to check the thickness of the paint and clear coat. They said that brand new vehicles' paint have a thickness of 122 microns. The hood on mine now only has 118 microns - most likely as a result of the buffing, days earlier.

give us an update...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008

so, despite the buffing and resultant thinning of the paint, the scratches were still there?
    them scratches must be really deep. na-kakakapa ba ng kuko?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast