New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Wala ng alinlangan kunin mo na ang Rav4.
    Baka magtampo pa ang auntie mo pag di mo kunin sa bagsak presyo na binibigay sa yo. 3-year old only city use with full time driver siguradong alaga ang loob nyan. Go, Go na..

Kung gusto mo talaga ang feeling na first owner sa ride then go altis. Pero kung ako ang nasa kalagayan mo dag-dagan ko na lang ng kunti ang fund for altis then bibili ako ng GLS 4x2 Tucson iX, talagang fresh new model talaga plus SUV pa.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    at 500K dun ako sa Rav4

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Rav4. Forget the altis.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    plus 1 sa Tucson, baka yun din ipapalit ng auntie mo, unahan mo na :hihihi:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    The RAV just looks better with the spare tire at the back.

And ... it's easier to get the spare tire in times of emergency. Especially when it is raining.
    sorry double post....
    Last edited by saipeme; January 4th, 2010 at 07:23 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    The RAV just looks better with the spare tire at the back.

And ... it's easier to get the spare tire in times of emergency. Especially when it is raining.

i own altis 1.6L 'g' sold it after one year for rav4...higher visibility,higher ground clearance better handling its a better car indeed.
    Last edited by saipeme; January 4th, 2010 at 07:21 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    personally rav4 without a shadow of a doubt. the price is a steal and considering na galing sa tita mo yung unit you would be in a great position to judge whether it is worth. apparently yung rav4 na yan is such a good buy kaya ka nagiisip otherwise naman hinde ka po siguro magdo-doubt if you should buy a brand new altis 2.0 over this rav4 instead.

i think po you have made your decision what to buy kailangan mo lang i-reinforce yun suspetsa mo... and IMHO you wouldn't be wrong

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I think we all know where this is heading to

Kung sakaling kinoconsider niyo pa rin yung Altis, test drive niyo na lang po tapos compare the RAV and the Altis..

Tsaka sir check niyo na rin po yung RAV4, sure naman na ipapakita sa inyo ng tita niyo yun eh..Better to be safe than sorry ..Sabihin niyo lang "tita patingin naman po, pa drive naman" ay sigurado namang papakalikot na sa inyo yun..

Dr. d is right, play with those switches, scan the whole thing, or kung may mechanic na kakilala isama na rin..

Hehe sobrang sigurista na niyan..Ok na yan kesa naman totally no-brainer

edit: sir post ka pics dito ng new ride niyo ah pag nakapili at nakakuha na kayo hehe..

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    thanks for all your inputs sirs

sir autobeat: tama si sir tidus1203 di na ibebenta ng auntie ko yun at the same price pag sa iba pero pag di ko kukunin may dalawa na rin nakapila

sir XTO: ang ipapalit nya initially is the Mazda CX7, pero I think leaning towards the new 2010 CR-V na sya

sir babkalakal: yes, I think all points really go to the RAV4, practicality wise, financial wise, I can't go wrong with getting the RAV4, as advised by fellow tsikoteers, I can use the car for 2-4 years and still sell it at the same price. It's just that I really love the Altis and its features kaya nahihirapan ako mag decide. And I was so close to getting the Altis na, pinareserve ko na actually iniintay nalang yung stock when we decided to hold buying for the new year, and then my auntie told us about the RAV4 nung Christmas break

sir Chikselog: na test drive ko na po yung Altis 2.0V, I have already reserved a pearl white version, and na iimagine ko na drive yung kotse at paglaruan yung features nya before we decided to hold buying till the new year so parang nag shift yung momentum

but you're right sir, I think I should go check the RAV4 again, check the interiors, sit on the seats and feel it out, sa ngayon kasi, mas na eexcite ako pag na-iimagine kong sakay dun sa Altis 2.0V kesa sa RAV4, and I think it's not because 3yr old na yung RAV4, it's more on the excitement of driving a car with nifty fun features (push start button, 8-way power seats, hid headlamps, multi-information display, speed sensing locks, keyless entry, auto rain sensor, parking sensors, reverse sensors etc).

All of which I think the RAV4 lacks. So the RAV4 feels for me to be just a reliable SUV that will get me there, but will not be as fun to drive.

What I'm thinking right now is maybe get the RAV4, save some money, and in 2-3 years time baka may new gen of Civic / Focus / Altis na with better features, so I can sell the RAV4 and buy from there. Sensya na mga sir magulo ba

Yes sir I will also post pics of the car whatever car I decide to get

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by supermanila View Post
    What I'm thinking right now is maybe get the RAV4, save some money, and in 2-3 years time baka may new gen of Civic / Focus / Altis na with better features, so I can sell the RAV4 and buy from there. Sensya na mga sir magulo ba

Yes sir I will also post pics of the car whatever car I decide to get
    Yes sir at makakatipid pa kayo talaga..Saglit lang yan baka kayo na ang first owner ng next gen. civic/focus or altis hehe.. Goodluck po and update us ah hehe

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
bnew altis or 2nd hand rav4 - need advice