New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The RAV4 is a much better car, hands down. The Altis 2.0V won't have great fuel economy thanks to the Camry-sourced engine and the 4-speed gearbox... and it doesn't drive quite as well as the RAV4.

The RAV4 will cost more to maintain, definitely... but in terms of fuel consumption, road presence and useable space, there's no reason to pick the Altis over it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if the price is really low and the maintenance is really good, no doubt ill get the rav4. if you could get it at 650k-700k, then go for it. ligtas ka na sa depreciation for the next 2-3years. then sell it after 3-5 years and get a newer altis at that time. well thats just me.

sayang kasi kung ganyan kacheap...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    nabanggit na ba kung ilang mileage ng rav 4 in 3 years?

plus one on civic S in case you will go for a brand new.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    mga sir thanks for all your inputs, I finally got the price and I have to make a decision soon, my aunt is selling the RAV4 at 500k.

as I've said, tulong lang talaga ng aunt ko sakin yung low price, di ko na naitanong yung mileage, nakakahiya kasi itanong since mababa na nyang binebenta, and city driving lang sila palagi, baka indi pa nga nakaabot ng NLEX yung kotse na yun I haven't even seen the interior din, but I know my aunt, maalaga sila sa kotse, yari kasi yung driver pag indi inaalagaan or nililinis yung kotse.

sir niky, I think the Altis 2.0V has a different engine than the camry, 3ZR-FE ata yung sa Altis 2.0V, it's a newer engine based on what I've read, pero fuel economy wise, according to tsikoteers, nasa 6-7KM lang din per liter, so indi ganon ka fuel efficient.

what do you guys think? Is it a really good deal, no brainer na ba na I should get the RAV4?

Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No brainer, get the Rav.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    No brainer, get the Rav.
    pardon me, but...
    what is a no-brainer, is buying a car sight unseen. at least, pumasok ka naman at kilatisin ang loob. look at the odometer. play with the switches. open the hood and look at the engine. crawl under and look for oil leaks. test-drive the critter.
    ako mismo, magtataka kung bakit hindi inspeksiyunin ng buyer ang kotseng binebenta ko.
    btw, have you researched this rav-4 in the internet? hindi kaya takaw-tingin lang yan?
    if i were to suggest you get the rav 4, is it because i actually drive one and enjoy doing it, or is because i think the rav 4 is a status symbol? if you really want it, then by all means buy it. you can always sell it (with profit!) after a few weeks because you have decided you don't enjoy using it pala.
    me? i'm happy with plain janes with power steering, windows and locks.
    but sit back and think things over. only sellers are in a hurry...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by supermanila View Post
    I finally got the price and I have to make a decision soon, my aunt is selling the RAV4 at 500k.
    Wow! If it is indeed in the condition and relatively low mileage you expect it to be as well, then hands down I'd go for the Rav. But that's just for me.

If you happen to really like the new Altis, then agree with your difficult to let it go, even for such a good bargain for another vehicle.

OT. In case none of you want to get that Rav for that price, we're willing to get it. Just let us know.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by supermanila View Post
    mga sir thanks for all your inputs, I finally got the price and I have to make a decision soon, my aunt is selling the RAV4 at 500k.

as I've said, tulong lang talaga ng aunt ko sakin yung low price, di ko na naitanong yung mileage, nakakahiya kasi itanong since mababa na nyang binebenta, and city driving lang sila palagi, baka indi pa nga nakaabot ng NLEX yung kotse na yun I haven't even seen the interior din, but I know my aunt, maalaga sila sa kotse, yari kasi yung driver pag indi inaalagaan or nililinis yung kotse.

sir niky, I think the Altis 2.0V has a different engine than the camry, 3ZR-FE ata yung sa Altis 2.0V, it's a newer engine based on what I've read, pero fuel economy wise, according to tsikoteers, nasa 6-7KM lang din per liter, so indi ganon ka fuel efficient.

what do you guys think? Is it a really good deal, no brainer na ba na I should get the RAV4?

Thanks.
    My mistake... I'd forgotten that there's no 2.0 Camry anymore. You're right... it's an all new engine series.

But yeah... when we tested it, we got around 6-7 in the city. Big engine... 4-speed box... no surprise really... not any better than the Focus 2.0.

If the RAV4 is in good condition, I'd go for that one. Much better interior, much better car... and you won't eat a hell of a lot of loss in terms of depreciation, since you're getting it at a "friendly" price. In other words... if you buy the Corolla, you're losing 200-400k pesos up front in resale. If you buy the RAV4, you're earning around 200-400k pesos in resale... or looking at reselling it at the same price as you bought it after another two to four years. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobeat View Post

OT. In case none of you want to get that Rav for that price, we're willing to get it. Just let us know.
    Hehehe di na ibebeta ng auntie nya sayo yan at their kapamilya special price...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    *500k rav4 na.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
bnew altis or 2nd hand rav4 - need advice