New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    nakow, ganyan din ako dati, pero weapon ko is a nissan maxima, 2.0 m/t kaya maangas ko, aba, 17 yo, naka maxima na! pero sa numerous accidents i came across, kaya ko naghinay-hinay na, at ngayon, van na gamit ko...

i miss the speed.. pero mahirap na lalo na ngayong may pamilya na kang iniisip...

sali ka nalang sa track-days nila.. ko, ipon muna ng bagong weapon ko, old and retired na yung maxima(ayaw ko lagyan ng sr20det, baka di kayaning ng chassis,e..)...92 galant vr-4 or 1998 rvr x3/hypersportsgear m/t target ko

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If I've seen one then I usually provoke them to test their car if they could catch up with me by tailgating and then overtaking and if they saw that agressiveness they would race me up to the intersection of Buting, Pasig. I drive a Honda Civic 97 with an automatic tranny and I usually end up winning but not all because there are other
    cars that are fast enough.

tsk, tsk, tsk....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You are race baiting other vehicles by tailgaiting behind them and driving aggressively? I have no qualms with driving fast but provoking other vehicles to race you is another thing.

Btw, how about we gauge your Civic A/T from a dead stop against say a Hyundai Santa Fe CRDi? :evillaugh

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pinagyabang pa e mali naman ang gawa. hoy, totoy, di gawain ng responsible pinoy yan. gusto mo mag-race dun ka sa walang masasagasaan. pagawa ka sarili mo kalsada, buset!

makatagpo ka sana ng may boga at makikita mo ano epekto ng bala pag tumagos sa windshield mo habang nagta-tail gate ka.

i raced pero di ako ang nagpprovoke....kasi ako i see provokation as sign of "pagmamayabang" at galit ako sa mayabang, kaya minsan, lalo na noonng kabataan ko pa, pinapatulan ko ang mga mayayabang..

kahit sa eskwela, elementary, HS at college days ko, galit ako sa mayabang...pinapatulan ko lalo na't alam ko "hangin" lang kayabangan nya...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shinjiikari View Post
    I just want to share to all of you my fellow tsikoteers my experince in C5 Road at Taguig and to know your opinions of what might be the damage to the car that has jumped from a ramp or an inclined bridge.

I was going back home to pasig one night from parañaque and I always take the villamor C5 exit. Before I enter C5, what I do is I usually look for cars that are ricey, usually dressed up cars, with mufflers on, or cars that looks so fast. If I've seen one then I usually provoke them to test their car if they could catch up with me by tailgating and then overtaking and if they saw that agressiveness they would race me up to the intersection of Buting, Pasig. I drive a Honda Civic 97 with an automatic tranny and I usually end up winning but not all because there are other
    cars that are fast enough.

Then that night there are few cars on the road bound to the same way I am going and I've never seen one except for a new black altis. I don't know if it is a 1.6 or 1.8 variant and I overtaked his car, I am speeding up to 120 kms. and was looking at the side mirrors if he is trying to catch up. I know he saw me and he was very eager to overtake my car. He wasn't able to do that and when we were approaching a small inclined bridge along C5, I decided to lose some momentum and reduce speed, but he continues to speed up not knowing that the bridge is totally elevated.

The bridge was like a motocross ramp, inclined on both ends but the other side is deep enough to launch you off the ground. So, it happened! The car launch to the air 3 to 4 feet high and was nosediving. I really saw the underneath of his car, I was overwhelmed at that instance! Like I've seen in the 2 Fast 2 Furious movie when Paul Walker's GTR was launch to the air and then landing on the otherside! I am also aware of the fact that an accident might occur because the car was nosediving.

But after landing he gains control due to the fact that he was driving straight but large amount of sparks was produced underneath his car and I don't know which parts underneath came contact on the ground. Maybe the bottom part of the front bumper, the wishbone support of the front wheel and maybe the underneath part of the engine. Do you think that the front shock absorbers may have damage as well?

What do you think guys would be the damage to that black altis after that launch?
    A similar thing happened to me years ago at the bridge near Shaw/Kalentong. We were coming from the direction of Lourdes Hospital towards Kalentong. The other car was a seemingly modded Corona (lowered with big wheels and big exhaust). We were kinda fast approaching the bridge and I knew the bridge's ramp design was something like a cardboard box, so I slowed down. The other car took this chance to overtake but upon seeing the sharp transition of the bridge's road, he tried to brake (too late). I saw him launch about less than a foot up over the level of the bridge and sparks flying as he landed. After that, I guess he learned his lesson since he was driving s..l..o..w.. right after the incident.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; June 28th, 2007 at 08:45 AM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    aba! ugali mo palang magprovoke bata. magayos ayos ka muna. nakakalungkot at nakakatakot bakit laman ka ng kalsada. kelangan natin d2 sa pinas disiplina!

yare tong bata na to....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Shinjiikari,
    I don't see the point why you have to brag, race and then ask what possible damages your "competitor" has after that incident. Anu ito pang kuwentong inuman? BTW, I drive a Nissan Patrol, the PSG type. I have a tsikot and dc.org sticker on my small left door. Try to tailgate me and I'll give you a piece of my bumper.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Dunno if luma na ang alam ko, but....Isn't the "proper" or street acknowledge way is to tailgate, flash your hi beam, then if the car ahead drops the hammer, that's the only time to start? (of course di ito galing lang sa NFS game ah.. he he)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Black Altis launch to air 3 to 4 feet high! Possible Damage?