New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    With a strong OEM presence at SEMA, automakers are forced to bring The Badass to the masses. Toyota has apparently been overrun with requests from customers for some form of diesel motivation in its Tundra pickup and the automaker has responded... sort of... with the Tundra Dually Diesel. Toyota utilized two Tundra CrewMax pickups that were joined at the hip to lengthen the frame and add an additional foot to the bed. Although the majority of the Tundra Dually Diesel is bespoke show material, the drivetrain has been pulled straight from a Hino medium duty truck, with the only exception being a custom split driveshaft.

The crown jewel of the Dually is a JO8E 8.0-liter inline six turbodiesel, making around 300 HP and 600 lb.-ft. of torque. Shoehorning that kind of mill into the tight confines of the Tundra proved to be a challenge. The body had to be lifted off the frame by three inches and after some hacking and chopping of the firewall, they were finally able to fit the 1,500 pound engine into the bay. Between fitting the oil burner into the snout and mating it to a five-speed Allison tranny, the interior accoutrements have suffered – the HVAC controls are nonfunctional and the massive stick is there to provide additional leverage when shifting gears.

Courtesy of AutoBlog

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    size does matter!

I just hope the engine can do more than that though.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Wowow !! ito ang pick up very nice and powerful,,heheheh

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehehe mabangis....

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Wow..6 Wheeler truck!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    It may just stay a prototype as the last I heard both Nissan and Toyota have decided not to enter the heavy duty market that the big three dominate. If Toyota really wants to break into the full size market they need to offer a diesel for the light duty full size as what Dodge will be doing soon with the 4.7L V8 Cummins diesel. Even better, offer it on the Tacoma since nobody wants to bring in a diesel for that market. The heavy duty market are the people in the midwest who use their trucks for farms and other such work so Toyota will have a hard time breaking in as they can't even make a dent in the light duty full size market.

Why buy a Toyota when the domestics offer these and are proven tough?
    Dodge has the 6.7L Cummins 350hp and 650 lb-ft made engine, Ford has the 6.4L Powerstroke Navistar manufactured engine with 350hp and 650lb-ft, and GM has the Duramax made incooperation with Isuzu that is 6.0L with 365hp and 660lb-ft. All these can easily be tuned to 700hp and 1500lb-ft just by using an Edge or Bullydog programmer.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    bada$$!! i want oneee!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I like the regular one since I have more reasons to drool over it... I dont like the extended rear fenders with this one...
    iam3739.com

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    di masyado maganda. parang babae na malaki balakang hehe :-D

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Toyota Toughness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Biggest Toyota diesel pickup yet