New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Our Yaris recently got into an accident, and will require some bodywork and paint. I'm still considering whether to go with casa or with an outside body shop, but assuming I do go with the casa, is any particular dealer better or worse than another? Would definitely appreciate feedback from anyone who's had bodywork and/or paint done with any Toyota dealership. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not to dissuade you but I would rather go to a real paint and body shop than the casa. It's just like choosing where to eat. A resto/food establishment that is in the business of selling food or the school/office canteen where selling food is not really their priority?

Let's wait for the others to chime in.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    ^agree ako kay sir OTEP, swak ang analogy.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 7138 View Post
    ^agree ako kay sir OTEP, swak ang analogy.
    I tried pasig branch. Theyre good and got the same shade of color. I saw many new cars na pinagawa sa labas na hindi match sa shade ng car nila, and sagwa tingnan, yan ang kailangan mong siguraduhin. Prob ko lang is nagka scratch konti bumper at roof ko. Mabilan dun im happy.

Sa pasong tamo hindi ok e, theyll bring ur car sa shop nila sa south kaya ibybyahe nila auto mo. Wag nlng baka balahurain pa yung auto mo.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I myself prefer an outside shop as Otep mentioned. However, you also have to check what shops are accredited by your insurance company.

Recently, my bro-in-law had his Vios body repaired (front fender) repaired at Toyota Pasig; intial impression is okay however we have to give a few weeks to really see how the work turned out. The same shop also did some body repairs to a relative's Grandia and it wasn't exactly great ("pwede na"). Toyota Shaw on the other hand did the body repairs to our LC80 a long time ago and the repairs sucked. Same with Toyota Pasong Tamo on the Altis of a relative a few years ago as well.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm actually waiting for the list of accredited shops from the insurance company (Mapfre), and will make a final decision then - depends on which shops are on there. I'm definitely going to be particular about the color matching, as well as any damage or overspray they might inflict on the car - if you check my posting history, you'll notice that a lot of my posts are in the various detailing threads over here

So far, two "ok" feedback for Toyota Pasig, and negative feedback for Shaw and Pasong Tamo.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I've had a good experience with Toyota Manila Bay in terms of the paint and body work. The only qualm I have is that after you get the car, you'll still be able to smell the paint in he cabin which can sting. They also release the car only after the paint has more or less dried (take one week after painting in our caee) so the paint was spot on unlike some other places *ehem... TAI*

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hvlu View Post
    I've had a good experience with Toyota Manila Bay in terms of the paint and body work. The only qualm I have is that after you get the car, you'll still be able to smell the paint in he cabin which can sting. They also release the car only after the paint has more or less dried (take one week after painting in our caee) so the paint was spot on unlike some other places *ehem... TAI*
    That's normal with all paint shops i've encountered (the smell lingering for a few days/weeks) since the a/c system will pick up the spray particles from the air. Best to air out the car one sunny afternoon.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I scratched and bent my bumper pf my yota two days ago. Dropped off at mang cario at 8am. Work was done before 2pm. Pit stop paint job. Hehe.

Alex car restoration and Dr. g's car clinic do excellent paint work. Medyo mahal lang talaga sa Alex.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Alex car restoration and Dr. g's car clinic do excellent paint work. Medyo mahal lang talaga sa Alex.
    Kay Alex, pag nagparepaint ka ng rig dun, parang ayaw mo na i-offroad. :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Best Toyota Casa for Bodywork and Paint