New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Matanong nga lang po. Bakit bawal gawing taxi ang Vios Toyota at may nariring pa akong bawal din daw gawin taxi ang Honda? Sa anong reason kung bakit hindi mo magawa ang gusto mong gawin ang iyong property. Hindi ba ang laking kalokohan ito.
    The main reason? Image.
    They have this thing that turning a car into a taxi(here in the RP) cheapens the image of that particular model.

I'm sure someone will say, they use Mercedes taxis in Europe, thing is taxis have a different image here than in europe where they have nice well maintained taxis.

Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    doesn't Honda enforce a similar contract with their dealers?

which is why you never see any Honda taxis?
    As far as I know, you needs to sign a waiver when you buy a honda...
    ...and its been implanted in the heads of taxi operators/drivers that Honda parts are harder to find and more expensive than Toyota parts.

Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    the Avanza was supposed to be the taxi / fleet vehicle, but for some strange reason linalangaw...
    Because people mistake it for an FX Taxi... so some people aviod it.
    I see a lot of Avanza taxis with signs saying they are regular taxis, and when you need to do that, then there's a problem.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    As far as I know, you needs to sign a waiver when you buy a honda...
    ...and its been implanted in the heads of taxi operators/drivers that Honda parts are harder to find and more expensive than Toyota parts.
    this is not true! I guess that is an urban legend, I just bought a honda october of last year and I never sign any waiver...and I will not sign any if ever they really required it, I paid for the car and I owned it, I can practically do whatever I wanted, the only thing they can do is to refuse me service and void the warranty...
    Last edited by shadow; January 29th, 2008 at 08:38 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hmm..parang Honda ah...bawal gawing taxi or public transport yung mga sasakyan nila. Pero sa Makati maraming taxing Vios ah.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    doesn't Honda enforce a similar contract with their dealers?

which is why you never see any Honda taxis?
    no, it's not true, you never honda taxi's bec of practicality on part of the operators, parts are expensive and are rather scarce in the market compare to say a toyota corolla,where you can practically find parts just anywhere..

I just remember a debate before here or is it in kotse.com where toyota fans are saying that you don't see honda taxis is bec hondas are not durable and can't stand the beating of runnng it 18-20 hrs a day.....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    Hmm..parang Honda ah...bawal gawing taxi or public transport yung mga sasakyan nila. Pero sa Makati maraming taxing Vios ah.
    hinde naman bawal nic, I just remember na it was written in the warranty booklet that if you used it for hire services, they will void the warranty and refuse service...I guess that's the owners risk na lang, if gagamitin niyang for hire....

I don;t think pwede nila gawin yan na ibawal kung ano gusto gawin ng may ari sa kotse niya...pag ka bayad mo sa kotse and pag labas ng casa saiyo na yun eh wala na sila pakialam...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cherieannc View Post
    Hello po!

We're planning to buy a new toyota vios para gawing taxi. Meron na po franchise, papalitan lang po yung sasakyan kasi luma na. Kaya lang po sabi ng dealer bawal na daw po gawing taxi ang vios. Avanza na lang daw po ang pwede at nakalagay daw po ito sa kontrata with toyota.

Pero po marami po akong nakikitang vios na taxi sa daan. Ano po ba ang totoo? Sabi pa po ng dealer, kapag nahuli ng toyota na ginawang taxi ang vios, babawiin daw po ang sasakyan at babayaran na lang kayo ng 50% ng original price ng car at pagbabawalan na rin kumuha ng franchise.

Paano po ba ito at ano ang katotohanan?

Salamat!
    parang nabasa ko nga dati na the reason kung bakit naglabas sila ng avanza is for taxi fleet nga nila yun, para walang problema eh di avanza na lang bilhin niyo mas maganda naman talagang taxi..

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cherieannc View Post
    Hello po!

We're planning to buy a new toyota vios para gawing taxi. Meron na po franchise, papalitan lang po yung sasakyan kasi luma na. Kaya lang po sabi ng dealer bawal na daw po gawing taxi ang vios. Avanza na lang daw po ang pwede at nakalagay daw po ito sa kontrata with toyota.

Pero po marami po akong nakikitang vios na taxi sa daan. Ano po ba ang totoo? Sabi pa po ng dealer, kapag nahuli ng toyota na ginawang taxi ang vios, babawiin daw po ang sasakyan at babayaran na lang kayo ng 50% ng original price ng car at pagbabawalan na rin kumuha ng franchise.

Paano po ba ito at ano ang katotohanan?

Salamat!
    i'm sorry i'm not to familiar with what toyota wants with the vios. but to play safe, get avanza na lang. its more purposeful.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede gawing taxi ang Vios. Altis nga pwede e.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    sus ang dami d2 sa lugar namin taxi eh vios dito sa c5 petron near in diego silang

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    pansin ko lang, andaming police car na vios :D

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Bawal na gawin taxi ang vios?