New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    TOYOTA COROLLA 1.6Gli 1997 model

I just had my toyota checked in a Petron Auto Shop and they saw, i have to say, a lot of problems.
    so may i just ask for help from you guys.

1st are tires.
    I have to replace my tires.
    all four of My tires are with specs, 185/65/R14 86V CHAMPIRO GTX-65.
    May I know what are the best tires now, at the range of P4k each (lower the better)
    And where can I buy here in Manila.

The auto shop gave me an estimate of the things I have to repair.
    I hope to get an opinion from you guys, and maybe help me out where can i buy the parts they said i needed to buy.

2 TIE ROD P1430
    2 PACK END P2210
    2 LOWER SUSPENSION BUSH BIG P910
    1 HI-TENSION WIRE P1500

LABOR - P2580
    WHEEL ALIGNMENT - P450
    CAMBER - P800

That's the estimate the head mechanic gave me.
    I know you guys think that some, or all, of these are priced high.
    Maybe you could point me where i can buy these materials and maybe i could just have them do this and pay labor.
    Or maybe i could just go to another auto shop, very reliable (with positive review from you experts) and with low material and labor prices?

THANKS SO MUCH FOR the future help.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Bridgestone Turanza for your tires. I've used them before on my Corolla and they're pretty good. You can also opt for Dunlops. Or the cheaper Korean brands, not sure tho if they have 14s.

Call up TOYORAMA in Banawe and ask for the prices for the said parts. They only carry genuine Toyota parts. But then, I'd rather pay big now then not have any problems soon than pay cheap now then pay again a year after.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    The Yokohama ASPEC are very good budget tires if you don't want to try the cheaper Chinese/Korean brands.

I'd give them a look. Expect ~3k per tire.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    where's the best wheel dealer here in manila? with alignment. they do that right? if you buy tires, they'll give wheel alignment for free right?
    i'm leaning towards bridgestone or yokohama, can't decide. i have to buy now.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sofiacutie View Post
    where's the best wheel dealer here in manila? with alignment. they do that right? if you buy tires, they'll give wheel alignment for free right?
    i'm leaning towards bridgestone or yokohama, can't decide. i have to buy now.
    Most often, what comes free is the wheel balancing and mounting. Alignment can come separate depending on the company.

I've canvassed between Bridgestone Turanzas and the Yokohama ASPEC a few months back.

The Yokohama ASPECs were cheaper by a bit. Ended up with those. Good quiet tires.

You can give the dealers a call. Yokohama PH dealers. There's a small variance in terms of pricing amongst the dealers (I've called quite a few) though. Some dealers only sell tires. Others also do alignment. Better ask first.

Be sure to ask for the manufacture date on the tires as the tires do have a 5 year recommended life span beginning on the date these were manufactured (though we often can stretch this to 10 years). The code is a series of 4 numbers indicating the week and the year of manufacture. So that said, a code of 1112 would mean that the tire was manufactured on the 11th week of 2012.

Also, your original tires have the speed & load rating of 86V. Assuming these are the specifications of the tires that originally came with the car, you'd need the new tires to have the same specs or better.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by mda; August 20th, 2012 at 12:49 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ok din yokohama A drive. Yun binili namin para sa 14s ng vios namin. 3100 each with free balancing sa s&r.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    for tires, sa blumentrit madami. bought goodyear nct5 a fee years back. around 2k lang noon. ngayon siguro 2500 na.

for suspension, i bring my cars to zee or cruven to have the joints injected. better than buying replacements imho.

for rubber bushings, dont use the fabricated from truck tires. just buy replacement bushings 300 lang yan sa banawe.

i personally prefer zee.

from your description, id alot about 5k for suspension problems (injected joints), 10k for 4 new tires and 1k for high tension wires.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Most often, what comes free is the wheel balancing and mounting. Alignment can come separate depending on the company.

I've canvassed between Bridgestone Turanzas and the Yokohama ASPEC a few months back.

The Yokohama ASPECs were cheaper by a bit. Ended up with those. Good quiet tires.

You can give the dealers a call. Yokohama PH dealers. There's a small variance in terms of pricing amongst the dealers (I've called quite a few) though. Some dealers only sell tires. Others also do alignment. Better ask first.

Be sure to ask for the manufacture date on the tires as the tires do have a 5 year recommended life span beginning on the date these were manufactured (though we often can stretch this to 10 years). The code is a series of 4 numbers indicating the week and the year of manufacture. So that said, a code of 1112 would mean that the tire was manufactured on the 11th week of 2012.

Also, your original tires have the speed & load rating of 86V. Assuming these are the specifications of the tires that originally came with the car, you'd need the new tires to have the same specs or better.

Hope this helps.
    oh yeah, i meant to say wheel balancing.

wow, thanks so much for the insights. about the 4number code, very helpful.

I called GTD. i don't know if you guys know them. maybe you do.
    i asked if they have yokohama for my corolla, they gave me choices like SONAR, RUNWAY, HANCOOK?,KOMHO.
    because these are, according to them, the original tires for toyotas. are they correct? or did i just heard them wrong.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    hey thanks sir.

i just called yokohama, and they have Adrive at P3200 each for my corolla.
    is it worth it?

and by the way, i plan on buying 2 first. is that okay?

so it'll be 2 yokohamas in front with the other old 2 tires (185/65/R14 86V CHAMPIRO GTX-65.) at the back.
    you think the yokohamas will have the exact specs as the champiros? like 185/65/r14 yokoghama.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sofiacutie View Post
    hey thanks sir.

i just called yokohama, and they have Adrive at P3200 each for my corolla.
    is it worth it?

and by the way, i plan on buying 2 first. is that okay?

so it'll be 2 yokohamas in front with the other old 2 tires (185/65/R14 86V CHAMPIRO GTX-65.) at the back.
    you think the yokohamas will have the exact specs as the champiros? like 185/65/r14 yokoghama.
    Parang mahal. Kasi sa s&r ako bumili 3100 lang e. Try to canvass from other stores din kung ano price. Baka tumaas na din kasi e.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast