New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Guys,
    I'm a newbi, tanong ko lang yung meron diesel revo. I own one for a couple of months now pero di pa rin ako sanay sa ingay ay vibration since gas tsekot ko dati. Is revo deisel really that noisy? And regarding clutch lalo na sa traffic pag nangambyo na ko parang merong latching sound, ganun ba talaga yon? Maraming salamat and more support on this site.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Boyong, welcome to the site!

Don't worry too much about the noise ang vibrations, ganon talaga ang diesel... medyo ok na nga ang Revo Diesel; you should try driving an Isuzu Hilander! :lol:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boyong::: Welcome to tsikot :!:

Maingay po talaga ang diesel engines compared to gas fed. :D Your 2L engine is still not that noisy compared to other brand engine. And may I ask what do you mean by the latching sound? Before and after depressing the clutch pedal?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Si Alejandro *******...este...Murietta pala diesel din ang REVO. Officemate siya ni afrasay. Kung strike pa din ngayon sa PLDT, malamang nandun pa rin sila at trapped sa loob along with Ranel211 of TACP. hehehe. :mrgreen:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Dieseler/Ungas:: thanks for the reply.
    Don't know how to explain it more, its just a latching sound after I release my foot from the pedal, I'm sure I had positioned the gear on the slot properly. I did sent the car to toyota and the maintenance put some grease. Balik ko na lang para matingnan pa mabuti, I let you guys know kung anong mangyayari.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm... this could be your clutch pedal spring or the actual clutch mechanism in your tranny. Baka po hindi nakalapat ng mabuti yung nasa ilalim or foreign objects that intrudes with your clutch play. :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    welcome to the forum!
    yup check your clutch line!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Welcome to tsikot! :D Pag bago pa Revo mo at under warranty pa bring it back to the dealer for a warranty check. Libre ito. Normal po talaga na mas malakas vibration ng diesels compared to gas. Ganyan din naranasan ko when I shifted from gas to diesels. Goodluck.:D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I drive a Revo diesel once in awhile but i didnt notice anything sa clutch. Try to check out another diesel unit to compare with your ride and complain to Toyota if there's something diff talaga.

The vibration and clatter is pretty much normal. Maganda yung response and performance niya when we brought it to Baguio before... it just requires a heavy foot (well i'm kinda comparing this to my bigger engined Frontier ).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Si Alejandro *******...este...Murietta pala diesel din ang REVO. Officemate siya ni afrasay. Kung strike pa din ngayon sa PLDT, malamang nandun pa rin sila at trapped sa loob along with Ranel211 of TACP. hehehe. :mrgreen:
    Otep:::si murietta eh nasa san pedro exchange, medyo naabutan sila ng pag sara last jan. 1. eh ako sa office natulog kaya eto nandito ako. dati 14 kami dito ngayon 5 na lang.

Toyota adheres strickly to their NVH, noise, vibration and harshness principle. kaya yun revo niya tahimik sa loob.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
anyone who owns a diesel revo?