New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi,

Has anyone here able to change his plate number even if the car already exist for 3 years? I'd like to change the ending? How do I go about it? Can I lagay at LTO to make them do it?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    AFAIK, plate numbers are permanent once assigned to a particular vehicle.

Unless anyone can give anecdotal evidence to the contrary.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    AFAIK, the only time you can change your plates is when you bought the car 2nd hand. pero once you purchased it, and have no complaints... then permanent na.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    AFAIK, the only time you can change your plates is when you bought the car 2nd hand. pero once you purchased it, and have no complaints... then permanent na.
    Really? So if I'd change it to the name of my brother or wife or sister, then I can change the plate number? Has anyone tried this?

If it's possible. Supposed my plate number starts with XP.... and present plate nos. start with ZX... so I'd have the latest ZX.. plate no.?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    di ko alam to ah ..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niker View Post
    Really? So if I'd change it to the name of my brother or wife or sister, then I can change the plate number? Has anyone tried this?

If it's possible. Supposed my plate number starts with XP.... and present plate nos. start with ZX... so I'd have the latest ZX.. plate no.?
    yung friend ko po bumili ng e class 2nd hand before then ang reason to change plate... baka mapaghinalaan kasi, high ranking official yung previous owner. pinayagan sila eh... not so sure about the procedure kasi erpats niya naglakad ng papers.

then may provision na hindi pwede gamitin yung car hangang dumating new plates.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niker View Post

bro as far as i know hindi pwede palitan eh, kasi sabi sakin ng father ko may iniindicate ung mga start ng plates. specially ung letters, bawat region saw sa pinas may corresponding na umpisa na letter combination sa plate no. plus kung what year inilabas like for example gusto mo ung XP na maging ZX, edi ang mangyayari magiiba ung place of origin, pati ung kung kelan lumabas un vehicle. yun ang sabi sakin ah... and baka pag may makatiyempo sau na may alam sa mga ganyan, lalo na ung naghahanap ng mga sasakyan na kahina hinala, baka madamay ka, baka isipin, "oh bakit hindi naman latest ung sasakyan pero latest ang plaka" baka isipin eh getaway vehicle ang sasakyan mo...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    IMO, hindi na pwede palitan ang plaka, pwede lang palitan yung owners name sa COR.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    I think its possible to turn in your current plates to the LTO and say that you are taking the vehicle off from road use. Then you can reregister it. Think this is possible? Back in the '90s, I have seen an old Falcon that is parked in Zobel St. in Makati. I first saw it with its old plates which started with "N", then the owner removed them for some time. After a few months, I saw new plates which started with "T".

Anyway, what's the point in changing plates to newer one anyway? I think it would create some unnecessary problems with law enforcement elements (esp. the anti-carnapping task force). To those in the know, the period mismatch bet. your vehicle's age and the plate # is enough to make it stand out like the proverbial sore thumb. AFAIK, only formerly "recovered" / carnapped vehicles that have been resold legally can have its plates changed into a newer one (for identity protection).

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    After plate no. ZZZ-999, what's next? ZZZA-000 or AAAA-000, etc.??

How can I get the plate ZZZ-999? Can it be released now?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
anyone has changed their plate no?