New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Considering that this is relatively old in the market, almost 3 years already, and you could see them practically anywhere, will you consider stiill buying this car? Toyota is throwing away a 95t discount on this and my dad's really interested. Sabi ko kc maghintay after Oct. 15, baka bumaba pa or bka may lumabas pang ibang model na mas maganda. But his really eager. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Kung kayo would you buy this? why and why not? And in the price range, what would be the best buy? Thanks!!! :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you are model conscious, and it seems you are since you said the model is 3 years old, then no.

but i think your dad is not particularly concerned with that, only that he's getting a new car for a discount. for breadwinners like your dad, the cost is #1 among his priorities. so for him then it's yes.

tell him to wait till after oct 15 though.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Altis is still a good car.

Also, I don't think its already 3 years old.

Medyo bago pa yan, at least in our country.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Corolla Altis 1.8G is still a good buy. The car doesn't have that dated look when seeing other 3 year old cars.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    tell him to wait... malay mo bumaba pa!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    2 years pa nga lang coz mid 2001 to nireleased. That's what i keep on insisting that he wait. Can anyone really give us some assurance that prices will almost certainly drop? Inside info and stuff? Coz now we are appalled to a wait-to-know basis.

For owners of this particular trim ur comments, experiences would be much appreciated! thanks!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's still a good buy. ;)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    excellent buy in the compact sedan market...

although the 1.8L engine is overrated... 125 hp lang ito, not 145 hp as advertised, if im not mistaken (the same engine in the US Corolla has a published figure of 125 hp, and 125 hp is claimed in other markets as well)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if i was you, or your dad for that matter, i'll get a lynx RS instead.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by mbt
    excellent buy in the compact sedan market...

although the 1.8L engine is overrated... 125 hp lang ito, not 145 hp as advertised, if im not mistaken (the same engine in the US Corolla has a published figure of 125 hp, and 125 hp is claimed in other markets as well)
    maybe US version has a lower HP rating because it was detuned to meet emmissions requirements?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Is Altis 1.8G still a good buy?