New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 114 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1371
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Wow. Thanks for that piece of history.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    back in 1989,nissan introduced its box sentra to the local market.
    "it had suspension issues". daw. some say it was true, others say it was fable.
    at any rate, the competition sort of banded together, to badmouth it.

after 28 years, it is still shaking off that bad rep, which seems to have evolved and permeated to include the other products of the marquee..

also, i feel, local reps did/do not seem too keen on aggressively promoting their product.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Dahil lang sa isang car? Nasira name nang nissan?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    Also add to the fact that the local nissan dealerships were managed very poorly.

May isang set of dealers handling passenger cars, and another set of dealers handling SUVs and vans.

Medyo confusing to show up at a "NISSAN" dealership and only find half what you expect to see sa showrooms.

Ewan ko kung ganiyan din sa service.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    ^
    That is a very strange setup. Parang pinag partehan

4. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    The ride control improved (less bounce and ragtag when you hit road imperfections). The Bilsteins remain firm and have improved the handling well enough (more balanced braking, predictable behavior when I go over road imperfections, and the understeer has been reduced well enough that my front and rear actually go the same direction when I do at speed manuevers). I was also considering Old Man Emu and per my experience with both, OME will have a softer ride.

If you are getting an E variant, I would recommend you upgrade your tire and rims first, before the other add-ons.
    Ok ba ang Aztex Shocks? Any comments?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    ^
    That is a very strange setup. Parang pinag partehan

i agree.

universal motors was older, having been the local mercedes benz dealer before. (we liked its ad for "the world's best engineers' car".) it later shifted its interests to datsun, dealing with datsun cars and pick-ups.

pilipinas nissan inc was established over 10 years later, to deal with nissan cars. by this time, universal was dealing more with nissan pickups and other light commercial vehicles.

the situation became more interesting, when yulon (taiwan!) gained control of nissan motors phils inc. some writers say that yulon's involvement meant more (less quality?) taiwanese electronics into the cars, giving rise to the (dis)reputation (?) of ... poor car quality. this included the grandeur series. daw.

a few years later, nissan established nissan phils inc as the sole dealer of all nissan motor vehicles in the country. the new company was a conglomeration of nissan motors, universal, and yulon. nissan motors had majority share of 51%. peace at last!

galing ni google!
    Last edited by dr. d; March 17th, 2018 at 10:54 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Speedlab has a downpipe for the Hilux/Fort/Innova; I'm thinking of getting one for the Hilux.

Also, does anyone know if 285/50R20 tyres fit the Hilux on a stock suspension height with no rubbing issues?

Quote Originally Posted by ZkiZZoiD View Post
    Boss bakit nasira pangalan at imahe ng Nissan dito sa Pinas? Gusto ko lang malaman sana.
    My take:
    - Having two different distributors at a time when the car industry was building up;
    - Yulon sucked big time

By the time they got their act together, tapos na boxing. Sayang as they had good cars and we never had major ish with our Nissans.
    Last edited by vinj; March 25th, 2018 at 12:50 PM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Magarac View Post
    I have already placed an order of Toyota Hilux G 2.4 AT 4x2. Crimson Spark Red Metallic. Excited. Will post pictures when this unit arrives.
    I got my unit at Toyota CDO March 22, 2018. I ordered it December 31, 2017. Hahahaa... it took a while for the unit to arrive. Long cue of Hilux buyers! Can't post pictures! Anyway, you have already an idea how a Hilux looked like.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ... queue ...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I got my unit at Toyota CDO March 22, 2018. I ordered it December 31, 2017. Hahahaa... it took a while for the unit to arrive. Long cue of Hilux buyers! Can't post pictures! Anyway, you have already an idea how a Hilux looked like.
    Congrats on the new ride

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Kumusta yung ride? Matagtag ba?