New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Marantz (Mr. Gino Tan) of Toyota Makati told me that they are going to launch the all new Hi-Ace (at last!) next year. Well, I am not sure which Hi-Ace design will be lauched here. Its either the refrigerator type (JDM) or the Hi-Ace Solemio(which was launched recently in Taiwan) similar to the Hi-Ace Regius which I 1st saw in my Hong Kong Car Magazine seven years ago. lets just see which Hi-Ace will arrive here.

the Hi-Ace Regius (7-year old design):

This is the new Hi-Ace in Taiwan, the Hi-Ace Solemio:

Hi-Ace in UK:

all-new Hi-Ace in Japan:
    Last edited by carlocaraddict; December 24th, 2004 at 11:02 AM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    uk hi-ace has a dorky front..like the old korean vans..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mukhang luma nga yung UK and taiwan version. mas trip ko yung JDM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i prefer the uk version, spacious and safe during frontal colission.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    mas gusto ko pa rin yung sa japan kahit refrigerator type siya..pero oks din yung sa uk kaso mukhang luma na..Bakit wala na palang bagong Lite Ace?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    most probably ung JDM na hi-ace un release dito. Kamukha din nun Urvan Estate, modern na modern na tlga ang looks nya. ang panget nun sa taiwan and it looks old already. :down:

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The Taiwanese version is lanky and unproportioned. It doesn't look like a Toyota. The Japanese one is unsafe in a frontal crash. It's just a big refrigerator van with decent-looking wheels, grille, and bumper. These are just my opinion based on the pictures

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hi-ace regius yun lalabas! nyehehehehe... wag naman sana... masmaganda yun JDM... tama parang urvan...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    They will most probably release the one-box (JDM) version. The Taiwanese version can potentially compete with the currently released Previa.

One box vans still have a market here. That's why I'm behind the wheel of an MB100 on most of my off days. It's the only configuration that meets the needs of my family.

One-box vans are already reqired to pass 40kmh flat-barrier crash tests in some markets. The MB100 is crash tested to do so. I don't know about the new Hi Ace, though. But I expect it to perform just about the same.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas ok kung ito ang ilabas dito:

Toyota Alphard
    Signature

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
The all new Toyota Hi-Ace for the Philippine Market?