New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    hi there,

i just need some advice from the experts out there. first of all, my vios got submerged in waist deep water. luckily, i managed to find an ECU in the black market. now, it's running again. did all the necessary after flood do's. but my aircon and alarm has problems.

1) aircon - i think the thermostat has a problem. it's not working properly. i already brought it to an aircon repair shop and they said that they can do nothing more. the aircon works from time to time but the fan stops that causes the temp to rise. do you have any suggestions where i should bring it? and what the problem may be? based on the aircon repairmen, they were saying that this was due to the ECU. are they correct on this?

2) alarm - i took out the alarm console located inside the dashboard to make it stop. do you know where i can have it fixed? i called toyota already and they said it has to be replaced. it's another 16k for that. maybe any of you can suggest where we can have this fixed.

hope someone can help me out.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lai2009 View Post
    hi there,

i just need some advice from the experts out there. first of all, my vios got submerged in waist deep water. luckily, i managed to find an ECU in the black market. now, it's running again. did all the necessary after flood do's. but my aircon and alarm has problems.

1) aircon - i think the thermostat has a problem. it's not working properly. i already brought it to an aircon repair shop and they said that they can do nothing more. the aircon works from time to time but the fan stops that causes the temp to rise. do you have any suggestions where i should bring it? and what the problem may be? based on the aircon repairmen, they were saying that this was due to the ECU. are they correct on this?

2) alarm - i took out the alarm console located inside the dashboard to make it stop. do you know where i can have it fixed? i called toyota already and they said it has to be replaced. it's another 16k for that. maybe any of you can suggest where we can have this fixed.

hope someone can help me out.
    1. kung tumitigil yung fan, i think yung fan ang may problem. palitan na lang yan o repair the fan motor. i dont think may connection yan sa ECU.

2. aftermarket alarms are more cheaper than the stock casa alarm. you can get one for at most 4k.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is the replacement ECU an exact part number match to the old ECU? If not then there can be a problem with the ECU on why the fan does not automatically engage as the ECU determines that function as well (based on engine temp readings). Try also asking an electrical shop for help on the fan problem.

On the alarm, just get an aftermarket unit.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Regarding the aircon pa check mo muna sa car aircon shop sa iba para sa second opinion para malaman mo kung ano problema sa fan naman kung nabasa motor niyan siguradong masisira. Hindi naman parepareho ang analysis nila . Doon sa alarm naman kung kulang budget mo kung sira aftermarket alarm na lang

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    thanks for the replies. i already checked the ecu. it's exactly the same. the fan is working. it's just that it is not working properly working. tumitigil kaya tumataas yung temp. dapat tuloy tuloy lang habang naka-aircon. pinalitan na ren namin yung relay. pero may prob pa ren. may kilala ba kayo magaling na electrical shop? meron kasi ako dinalhan ng sentra ko dati. binaboy lang nila. lalong nagloko yung wiring after nila kalikutin. may alam ba kayo experts sa ganitong problema?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    try to test the fan
    -- direct to 12Vdc then antay kung hihinto siya after sometime then ayun ang problem
    -- or try to connect a VOM sa terminals ng fan then paandarin ang aircon - pag tumigil check for the voltage reading ng VOM pag 12 pa din then fan ang problema pero pag bumaba sa 12 then let's look somewhere else..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    i tried that also. thanks for the advice. the fan is working fine. the problem is that it stops working once the car is being driven. kung stationary, ok sya. pero kung umaandar, namamatay. can this be caused by the computer box? or is it the electrical wirings? please help

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    pacheck mo lang engine temp sensor

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    *lai2009: Almost similar case yung nangyari sa oto natin. Nabaha din yung sa kin. Problem is yung aircon okay yung blower pero walang lamig.

Question lang, tumatanggap ba ang toyota ng diagnostic ng aircon problems? Yung Toyota Marikina kasi tinanggihan ako. Can you refer me to a Toyota casa which can accomodate me?

Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lai2009 View Post
    i tried that also. thanks for the advice. the fan is working fine. the problem is that it stops working once the car is being driven. kung stationary, ok sya. pero kung umaandar, namamatay. can this be caused by the computer box? or is it the electrical wirings? please help
    Pa check mo electrical wiring mo kadalasan iyan problema pag nababasa wiring iyong contact nag loose .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
advice needed: vios 2004 model got submerged