New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    nakakaasar wife ko, urong sulong sa pagbenta nung corolla nya. everytime na may titingin, biglang ayaw nanaman bitawan. sentimental value ek-ek (first car nya).

but at the same time, she desperately wants an automatic.

so i have this lovely idea: why not drop in a better engine with a/t na? she'll be happy with a 1.6 i think. car's body is still fresh, total kms travelled is only 65k.

is the conversion (and engine swap) feasible? opinions naman oh. my budget for this seemingly harebrained scheme would be 50-60k, including the engine, pedals, shifter, ecu, radiator, labor, etc etc

what's the cheapest 1.6 toyota efi a/t engine can i stuff in here anyway? is the budget too low (value of the car if sold now is only 180-210)?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I don't think that's a good idea better sell it and buy an a/t

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sir, spare yourself the punishment. sell the m/t and buy an a/t.
    btw, expect increased fuel expenses when you shift to a/t.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Swap in a 4AFE A/T found in a GLI, but I agree that it would have been better to swap it and get a lovelife SE Limited "baby Altis".

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Eh. Mahirap yan, maraming consequences ang pwede mangyari. It would be costly too.

Sell mo nalang, takutin mo wife mo about sa gastos in the future if isswap pa yung tranny to A/T.

Sell mo yan, then buy a baby altis. 1.8SEG, or 1.6GLi A/T hehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Sell mo na lang yan. Tapos lahat ng accessories wag mo isama, ultimo seatcover, mga kung ano anong naka sabit at nakadikit sa kotse, get the same color, tint as your current XE pero GLi AT na. Tapos kabit mo lahat ng tinanggal mo sa XE sa GLi. Para kahit pano "sentimental value ek ek redux" hehehehe

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Im also planning to sell my toyota lovelife xl99. Ok po ba ang baby altis?and magkano po ang price difference?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I'm looking for a matic lovelife, if you guys have one please PM me thanks!

99 xe 1.3 lovelife M/T to A/T