New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    considering the same price at 900K,
    prado 1997 model, trooper dec 2002 model w/ sunroof
    prado color maroon, trooper color satin gold (biege)
    both diesel, both local
    both have low mileage 20k for prado and 23k for trooper (with service records)
    tranny - prado manual 4x4, trooper a/t 4x2

primary use: metro manila and occasional visit to province (batangas)

which has the best to offer (performance, economical,value) between the two.
    really confused.

right now im leaning towards the trooper (had one before kasi) because of its durability. but i need to know from you guys which you think is best

thanks for your reply

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Prado is more austere. But it's bulletproof.

Some Troopers have [expensive] issues with their fuel delivery systems. But 160bhp will eat the 125bhp Prado for lunch on the open highway.

Check the condition of both units thoroughly.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    considering both SUVs are mint condition...i will take the 97 prado...
    like what OTEP said..its bulletproof....

saka wala pa akong narinig na nagka problem sa 1KZ engine...

damn 900K pa rin ang LC90...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Prado. Love your own Hehehe!

Well, actually, if the manual tranny on the Prado is ok with you, I'd go with the Prado. And although it's only got 125hp (125hp nga lang ba on the LC90, Otep, di pa ba 131hp like the LC120, since they're both 1KZ-TEs?), it's quite a lively 125hp plus it's mated to an MT tranny. Nga lang, as to the fuel consumption, my LC120 AT is quite thirsty (around 6Km/L). A big part is attributed to my heavy right foot tho. Dunno what the average consumption for a 1KZ-TE is.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i would go for the trooper... mura nam yan ah.. meron ako nakilala skyroof edition also.. nasa 1M pa benta nya d2 sa cebu anyway.. hehehe.... we used our trooper lst sunday for a wikend at the beach sa isang island d2 and we used the trooper... matipid tlga sa diesel consdiering its big engine and kahit automatic and has ample power, no prob pag overtaking... and very comfy ride considering the road going sa island very rough...

the only issue for the trooper is the injectors but madali lang yan ma remediohan or maayos sa casa but it would cost nga lang and hindi naman araw mo yun ipapa ayos... kung waranty pa yan.. pwede pa iclaim sa waranty... just see and check the service record ng trooper.... i would rily go for it...

kung city driving lang.. wala naman gamit sayo ang 4x4 db? my dad and i also went thru what u r going thru right now.. we also had to choose from a black prado 4x4 diesel and the trooper... we chose the trooper kc wala naman gamit 4x4 sa amin and it would be only dagdag maintainence cost kc you would replace the oil sa front differential and the transefer case kahit hindi ka gumagamit ng 4x4... meron service period din yun.... so, dagdag gastos na wala naman gamit naman samin, it would be a bit waste of money narin db?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    if your not in a hurry try to look for a a/t prado 1kz.....m/t is not exactly smooth drive....

if not, trooper na lang na a/t, they are both good cars naman.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    id go for the prado also, had a trooper and really left a bad taste in my mouth with regards to the injector problems.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    3kings: never had a prado but I have a 2002 trooper not sunroof... so far ok naman just passed the emmision testing 0.72 lang ang score. So it is quite low to think na 2.5 ang kelangan to pass.

Ang sa akin lang is check mo mabuti kung yung dating owner eh maganda ang maintenance... if this was casa maintained. Sa akin nga casa maintained till 15k lang then ako na ang nagpapachange oil... ang important lang is to choose a reputable gas station... yung malinis and madami nag papa karga para sigurado kang ok yung diesel quality nila... then dun ka lang madalas magpakarga kung possible. Shell nga pala gamit ko. Ang sa akin lang kung di mo magawa ito... eh dun ka na sa prado... hehehe

So far I am quite happy with my ride, nandun yung issue with regards the injector and actually saw some units in CASA that are awaiting repairs ... pero ang sa akin lang is swertehan din.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    tama sa MDPO... nasa maintainance kc yun ng owner na binilhan mo... if maganda cya mag maintain ng kotse then wala ka ika worry talaga... and when you acquire the car you want.. no matter how "mahal" it is... if you dont know how to maintain the car hindi rin tatagal ang ride mo...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    parang mas ok ung trooper. 5yrs diff tapos same price lang, pero parehong pre owned yan so depende tlaga sa condition.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
97 prado or 02 trooper?