New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    bluff lang kaya yung nagbibigay sakin ng 3S? puro 3S kase yung sinasabi ng mga tao sa banawe eh... ano ba yung 3S kung meron man? ...pero yung nakita ko nga sa banawe puro 3S nakatatak. meron po ba kayong alam na bilihan ng parts specifically for the Corona?
    3S is a family of 2.0 liter DOHC engines introduced by Toyota in the 80's.
    The 3S engine with carbs is the 114hp 3S-F.
    Last edited by AG4; September 5th, 2006 at 02:38 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    3SF - 2.0L carb engine
    3SFE - with EFI, narrow-angle DOHC for economy
    3SGE - with EFI, wide-angle DOHC for power, used in the Supra i believe

parang ganito din yan

4AF - 1.6L carb engine in the AE92 corolla
    4AFE - EFI version, narrow-angle DOHC (AE101 GLi Corolla and AE111)
    4AGE - wide-angle DOHC high-performance version

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    3SF - 2.0L carb engine
    3SFE - with EFI, narrow-angle DOHC for economy
    3SGE - with EFI, wide-angle DOHC for power, used in the Supra i believe
    The 4-cylinder 2.0 liter 3S-GE was used in the Celica not the Supra/Celica Supra which used inline-6 engines.
    Celica 2.0 GT with a 3S-GE engine.

*lower 2.0 models used the 3S-FE.

The Turbocharged 3S-GTE was used in the sporty Celica GT-Four.
    Celica GT-Four

and MR2 Turbo...
    Last edited by AG4; September 5th, 2006 at 07:21 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    since the topic is the Corona, ano po ba difference ng Excior sa Saloon? May nakikita kasi ako Corona Excior.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    since the topic is the Corona, ano po ba difference ng Exsior sa Saloon? May nakikita kasi ako Corona Exsior.
    Exsior is the latest iteration of the ST191 Corona, while the EX Saloon is the first. There's also a second version, with new grille, tail lights, added rear spoiler, airbag and ABS. The Exsior has all the mechanical features also, but with extended bumpers, different grille design and red/orange tail lights that were a step down from the red/white of the previous versions.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    since the topic is the Corona, ano po ba difference ng Excior sa Saloon? May nakikita kasi ako Corona Excior.

The Corona Exsior is the last facelift for the "last" gen Corona officially sold here.
    I believe this is an ASEAN-only facelift since this gen Corona was last produced in Japan in 1995.
    The Exsior has extended bumpers just like the ASEAN facelift of the AE111 Corolla(Altis 1.8SE-G, 1.6 GLi and 1.3XE).
    Last edited by AG4; September 5th, 2006 at 07:35 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    Exsior is the latest iteration of the ST191 Corona, while the EX Saloon is the first. There's also a second version, with new grille, tail lights, added rear spoiler, airbag and ABS. The Exsior has all the mechanical features also, but with extended bumpers, different grille design and red/orange tail lights that were a step down from the red/white of the previous versions.
    oh okay, thanks for the info. Dami kasi ako nakikita maganda na Saloon/Exsior na mga naka 17's, IMO bagay na bagay yung big wheels.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Good Day po mga sir.

I have toyota corona 2.0 16valve 1993 model

pwedi koba gamitin sa auto ko ang 3SFE - with EFI, narrow-angle DOHC?
    kasi ang lakas kumain ng fuel.. 115kl is 1200 pesos na gasoline..

please advice.. thanks po..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005

If ST-171 like what we had. Malakas talaga sa gas yung stock carb engine nya. The ST-191 with 3-SFE should be bit thriftier.

If ST-171 tapos you want to change it to 3-SFE, sa tingin- although not sure- viable naman. Since the engine bay is pretty big.

Sobrang lakas nyan sa gas, lahat ng pinagbigyan ng lolo ko, kahit libre binabalik na lang nila LOL!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The 3sfe is relatively thrifty if i were to base it on my old 1997 Exsior a/ which would do 7.5 to 8.5km/l in the city before. All stock.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
93 Toyota Corona 2.0EX Saloon