New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hello mga friends; quick feedback lang galing sa mga experts. Recently, my AE92 with a 4age redtop engine was finally laid to rest, not the entire car but the engine only.

Im now considering of transplanting my kia avella engine to my ae92 pero i-atttach eto sa 4age transmission, pwede ba ito? I know the tranny bell housing of the 4age is totally different for the kia engine, but is it possible to make an adapter para maikabit ang kia engine sa toyota tranny.

I heard others have done this with different engines and tranny but Im hoping to have a first hand info from this forum.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    pwede yan you will need the original bell housing and main drive shaft (yung shaft connecting the engine and transmission) nung transmission ng kia avella mo now you need to bring your ae92 transmission to a machine shop para magawan nila ng adaptor yung transmission sa bell housing nung kia avella..

pero mas madali kung buy ka na lang engine na 4age engine mas ok yun

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hello yapoy; thanks for the quick reply. inisip ko na rin bumili uli ng ibang 4age kaso ang mahal ng mga 4age ngayon. my other car a kia avella is just gathering dust in the garage, not fun to drive. and my speedy days as a driver is over. ayaw ko naman isalpak ang buong kia engine and kia tranny sa ae92 kasi mapapamahal lang ako. considering i would also need to change my front wheel assembly with kia front wheel assy. this is why derecho kia engine na lang ang naisipan kong ikabit.

may possible issues kaya if ever naka adapter ang set up?

(others feel free to chime in. thanks.)

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    budget wise para sa akin bumili ka na lang ng engine mismo na nararapat sa AE92 kesa gagamitan mo pa ng ibang engine yan, kasi machine shop job palang medyo may kamahalan na.

mamili ka na lang silvertop or blacktop

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    boy_tino;

i think mas mura pa rin if ill be using the kia engine. labor and new engine mount brackets may only cost me about 5thou. adapter may be another 5thou. wirings may be about 3thou. yun nga lang funny ang corolla ko, hehehe. the moment you look under the hood kia engine pala, ngek! but thats okey. mind you, my kia avella can top 160kph with no problems. i have ask around about 4age prices lately and the ST and the BT, 40 to 60thou ang kanilang mga price range, its way beyond my budget right now.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Why not a 4AFE, then?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I agree with niky, you said your fast-driving days are over. No need for the 4AGE then. a 4AFE is sufficiently fast plus it gets really good mileage. It also beats your Avella engine bigtime.

My advise: sell your Avella since you don't like it. Some taxi operators would probably snap that up. Then, use the money to buy a 4AFE.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    hmmmm.... tama puede rin pala ang 4AFE, 4AFTE, 4EFE or 4EFTE

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Only the 4AFE is an economically sound choice as there are lots of surplus 4AFEs from the multitudes of AE101 and AE111 Corollas sold here in the 90s.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    so, magkano ba ngayon ang 4a? anybody can suggest saan makakuha ng mura?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
4age transmission with a non toyota engine, pwede ba ito?