New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    iniisip ko kung meron ba ako kilala naka avanza. Hindi ko pa nakikita ito lalabas pero previous gen eh pangit nakakahiya dalhin lets say sa pay parking ng mall. Mas lalo wag kayo gigimik tapos nakaavanza ka.

If vios pang angels buger eh ito si avanza pang bentelog.

(But yung current na vios 2022 nagagandahan ako sa rearlights. Tapos perfect length & width. Yung outgoing kasi nagfeeling altis.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    iniisip ko kung meron ba ako kilala naka avanza. Hindi ko pa nakikita ito lalabas pero previous gen eh pangit nakakahiya dalhin lets say sa pay parking ng mall. Mas lalo wag kayo gigimik tapos nakaavanza ka.

(But yung current na vios 2022 nagagandahan ako sa rearlights. Tapos perfect length & width. Yung outgoing kasi nagfeeling altis.
    one time nakuha ko sa grab yun avanza. the "hiya" was there

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post

lumaki kami sa beat-up owner jeep.
    there is no shame in using whatever vehicle one uses, if that is what fate has handed you.
    decent folks, especially those who worked their way up the ranks, do not care what vehicle you hop out from or hop into.
    only the... matapobres!... will take notice.

some respected and successful colleagues-doctors of mine, they drive avanzas.
    one of our richest colleagues, drives an old hiace.
    a number of my colleagues even take public transport, LRT, taxi, or grab ("no parking problems!"). yes, they commute (before covid, heh heh.).
    we in the workplace, do not even think of it as an issue to gloss over.

there was this one consultant-doctor, na-late dumating. "nakatulog ako sa LRT." tawanan lang kami.

i assure you,
    no one of importance will look down on you, should you drive into the mall pay parking, in an avanza of whatever vintage.
    i certainly wouldn't!
    Last edited by dr. d; December 20th, 2021 at 08:42 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    there is no shame in using whatever vehicle one uses, if that is what fate has handed you.
    decent folks, especially those who worked their way up the ranks, do not care what vehicle you hop out from or hop into.
    I agree. lumaki akong nasa PUV business. Jeeps and Taxis.

Kaya nung college ako, I did everything I can para di ako naka-Toyota papasok

on my last 2 years in college... most memorable trips we had was when I borrowed my dad's 94 FX.

when I graduated, I decided to finally accept the E100. That car was with us for 10 years without any issues

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I agree. lumaki akong nasa PUV business. Jeeps and Taxis.

Kaya nung college ako, I did everything I can para di ako naka-Toyota papasok

on my last 2 years in college... most memorable trips we had was when I borrowed my dad's 94 FX.

when I graduated, I decided to finally accept the E100. That car was with us for 10 years without any issues
    the ford e-100 van?
    cool!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the ford e-100 van?
    cool!
    sorry... forgot to type Corolla E100 (big body)

my dad told me, daming kong times complaining about a "taxi car" tapos the last car I accepted from him was the "next Gemini" hahaha

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    sorry... forgot to type Corolla E100 (big body)

my dad told me, daming kong times complaining about a "taxi car" tapos the last car I accepted from him was the "next Gemini" hahaha
    the corolla big body!
    cooler!

matagal kunang liniligawan yung big body ng colleague, intending to restore it.
    ayaw bitawan, even as kakakuha lang niya ng expander...

i was surfing youtube, and i saw this article on lexus.