New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstealyourgirl View Post
    Prado is using a different platform altogether, without any relation to the Fortuner. It’s bigger inside and out, and heavier. It’s better equipped for off road with full-time 4WD, differential locks and multi-terrain select (mud, snow, etc). The suspension is also better not just the shocks and springs, but whole suspension design and geometry. Its comfortable but doesn’t squat even when it’s fully loaded or when you’re towing. Also being a “Land Cruiser” and being made in Japan, those are big pluses for resale value hehe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've driven the gas-powered Prado 150 series (late 2013 model) of my boss for a short distance and the ride quality of its suspension is better than my 2017 2.4V Fort. The gas eng (1GR-FE V6 - same as with the FJ Cruiser) pulls nicely and the rumble makes you smile.. I've also seen the interior of a Dubai - version Prado 150 which is more luxurious than the locally released one, however, I dont like the interior color (kulay ***)... For me the big difference of the Prado and other PPV's is its ride comfort.... (except of course when compared to the LC200)...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    I've driven the gas-powered Prado 150 series (late 2013 model) of my boss for a short distance and the ride quality of its suspension is better than my 2017 2.4V Fort. The gas eng (1GR-FE V6 - same as with the FJ Cruiser) pulls nicely and the rumble makes you smile.. I've also seen the interior of a Dubai - version Prado 150 which is more luxurious than the locally released one, however, I dont like the interior color (kulay ***)... For me the big difference of the Prado and other PPV's is its ride comfort.... (except of course when compared to the LC200)...
    Except the Fortuner is on the uncomfortable side of the PPV spectrum and most Australian reviews say the Everest has better ride quality than the Prado. Also, if you're looking for comfort buy a crossover like an Explorer, Pilot, or CX-9. You get less weight, more space, and nicer interiors at a lower price. The Prado is an SUV - built to go off-road which means ride comfort is compromised.
    Side note: the Prado is not a PPV, it's a midsize SUV like PPVs but the difference is just that it isn't based on a pickup.

Ultimately the Prado, especially the diesel variant is terrible value. (Sorry, Prado owners. It's not a bad car; it's just nearly twice the price it should be) I agree that you're better off buying an LC200 (still not great value) but I have to add the Patrol, an Expedition or an Everest if you must have an SUV. Otherwise, get a Pilot, CX-9, Grand Santa Fe, or Explorer.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mark405 View Post
    Except the Fortuner is on the uncomfortable side of the PPV spectrum and most Australian reviews say the Everest has better ride quality than the Prado. Also, if you're looking for comfort buy a crossover like an Explorer, Pilot, or CX-9. You get less weight, more space, and nicer interiors at a lower price. The Prado is an SUV - built to go off-road which means ride comfort is compromised.
    Side note: the Prado is not a PPV, it's a midsize SUV like PPVs but the difference is just that it isn't based on a pickup.

Ultimately the Prado, especially the diesel variant is terrible value. (Sorry, Prado owners. It's not a bad car; it's just nearly twice the price it should be) I agree that you're better off buying an LC200 (still not great value) but I have to add the Patrol, an Expedition or an Everest if you must have an SUV. Otherwise, get a Pilot, CX-9, Grand Santa Fe, or Explorer.
    Yes sir. Most of the cars you mentioned have far better ride comfort than PPVs bec they are crossovers. But we are not talking about ride comfort only, as an owner of a vehicle, things break down over time and some parts need replacing along their service life, so IMHO, I will get a car that has good aftersales support to enjoy my ride..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Hi, newbie here. Planning on getting the 2018 or LC200 standard.

New excise tax pegs the Prado Gas * 3.1M and the Prado Dsl * 3.8m. Is the 700k difference worth it? I read that in some countries, around 1k USD lang daw ang difference ng 2 variants. Gas, Diesel, Should i get the standard LC200 * 4.2m nalang?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    lc200 standard na lng. engine difference is huge

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Lc200 standard also for me. Much bigger and better than the prado.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by moronball View Post
    Hi, newbie here. Planning on getting the 2018 or LC200 standard.

New excise tax pegs the Prado Gas * 3.1M and the Prado Dsl * 3.8m. Is the 700k difference worth it? I read that in some countries, around 1k USD lang daw ang difference ng 2 variants. Gas, Diesel, Should i get the standard LC200 * 4.2m nalang?
    if you can afford the LC200 then definitely go for it instead of the Prado. huuuge difference.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Agree. Get the LC200. You wont regret it.

The Prado...is nice but bitin.

And the standard LC200 is more loaded than the Prado regardless.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Agree. Get the LC200. You wont regret it.

The Prado...is nice but bitin.

And the standard LC200 is more loaded than the Prado regardless.

From someone who has a few LC200s... paanong bitin?

Just want to know your thoughts on this.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    From someone who has a few LC200s... paanong bitin?

Just want to know your thoughts on this.
    specswise...

13secs vs 8-9seconds

Huge difference in power and speed.

The Toyota Prado Diesel has only 160HP/163PS(low tune) and not the 190HP 3.0D4D

If you're shopping in the 4M territory, better buy that v8 diesel. The passing power over slow vehicles is worth the difference.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast