New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 26 of 146 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by keithdb View Post
    Its all the safety features that they added. Plus new everything.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I get the all new. Its just that i dont see it as "sulit" for that price. You can already buy a proper ppv for that price. Despite all the new things, i still think its expensive for this type of automobile. Lets agree to disagree? Cheers!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    It's for people who don't subscribe to the notion that PPV > MPV.

Yes, the Innova is not as prestigious or macho as a Fortuner. But it has more passenger space and better riding comfort. Some people, the more senior folks especially, prefer that over a high-riding, bouncy SUV.

Still very expensive though, but perhaps the 2.8E will find itself in the garages of people who would've bought the old 2.5G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    It's for people who don't subscribe to the notion that PPV > MPV.

Yes, the Innova is not as prestigious or macho as a Fortuner. But it has more passenger space and better riding comfort. Some people, the more senior folks especially, prefer that over a high-riding, bouncy SUV.

Still very expensive though, but perhaps the 2.8E will find itself in the garages of people who would've bought the old 2.5G.

I think that people should buy the automobile based on how they'll use it. I agree that the innova would be suitable to senior citizens and those who prefer a more comfortable ride. So for me, its not a matter of ppv > mpv or ppv < mpv or whatnot. For my current situation, priorities and budget, a ppv is the best choice.

Going back to people with the notion of ppv > mpv, can you really blame them? I mean toyota priced ppv higher. The fortuner got design cues from lexus while the new innova (some say) looks similar to the avanza.

My point is, the new innova is priced very high despite toyota's savings from shared parts (i think they call it imv) and effectively economies of scale. Now why is that? Perhaps because they're toyota and they do whatever they want (ofcourse they can do this to some extent due to brand equity which they've invested on and nurtured for decades)? Or maybe because the innova doesn't really have a direct competitor (i dont count adventure and crosswind due to age and price)? Dont really know how they determine price. Hehe anyhow, my bet is that this will still sell very very well.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Well, looking at its pricing history, the price of the totl innova had always been within proximity of entry level ppv's and this generation is no different. So in that aspect, nothing has changed imo. I do admit that it is expensive this gen, but we also have to look at what they have improved or added. For example, there are 7 airbags this gen as compared to 2 last gen. Those airbags are quite expensive. Car distributors here usually skimp on airbags as cost reduction measures for cars released here.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Whether the added/improved features are sulit would depend on the needs on the perspective of the buyer.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    With regard to pricing, it's not just the Innova that has increased. Before, the TOTL of the PPVs were in the P1.5-P1.7M range. Now they're in the P2-2.2M range. So relative to the new pricing of the Fortuner, etc., the Innova's new pricing is actually just right about at the same level as before, as mentioned by keithdb.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Yesh Parah shakin ovher price yan, nilagyan kunyari ng 2.8 detuned engine para naman tumaas. mas sulit sana yan kung nasa 2.4 lang ang engine parang sa Thailand version which is enough naman, pero mas powerful compare sa previous 2.5 ng innova.
    I still have my old 2.5G pero I don't think it's worth the upgrade for now.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I still think the 2.4 might be offered...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I still think the 2.4 might be offered...
    Sana nga with a corresponding price drop! [emoji3]

Quote Originally Posted by gaol View Post
    With regard to pricing, it's not just the Innova that has increased. Before, the TOTL of the PPVs were in the P1.5-P1.7M range. Now they're in the P2-2.2M range. So relative to the new pricing of the Fortuner, etc., the Innova's new pricing is actually just right about at the same level as before, as mentioned by keithdb.
    Base model prado currently sells for approx 3m and the new fortuner entry matic is approx 1.5m. Say sa first facelift (mga 3 yrs?) the prado's base price increases to 3.4m. Based on your post, it is logical to price the fortuner entry matic at 1.75m. I dont think this is a good way to determine kung justified or not ang pricing ng isang sasakyan. Para kasing relative naman sa isa pang model so ok lang. Pag ganun, edi adjust na lang ni manufacturer lahat ng presyo nila, kakagat naman si consumer kasi nga relative naman.

Quote Originally Posted by keithdb View Post
    Whether the added/improved features are sulit would depend on the needs on the perspective of the buyer.

Definitely. It all boils down sa gusto ni buyer. Its his/her money.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    If this one sells i doubt it. On the flipside, if it does not, maybe they will release cheaper variants albeit with skimped features. It has been done before.