New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 25 of 146 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pupuek View Post
    Looks like you found the forum. I actually tried looking for it using "2016 fortuner issues" and "toyota 2gd problems" and other combinations but was unable to locate it. Also tried your suggestion but still couldnt find it. Do you mind posting the link sir? Thanks!

Ibang klase tlga and TMPI pero sana nga.
    actually, no, i haven't found it, because i didn't look for it. but it is easy to do so, if one is so inclined.
    i'd rather wait a while for the local yokels' reviews of the local versions. minsan kase, medyo iba ang nandun sa kabila, at medyo iba naman ang pinadala dito.
    have fun, combing the internet.

addendum: i did a quick internet search. and all i found was, the 2.4 engine was weaker than the 2.8 engine. surprise! curious na ngayon ako, kung anong pintas ang nakita niya... but i won't malign him.. i myself, forget more than half of what i see in the internet.
    i'll probably do more combing later.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 17th, 2016 at 10:52 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Google cant see through translated pages I believe. Scouring through a translated page is difficult. You will have to read every thread in their forum. Hope you find it. I think their forum grew substantially. Imagine 6000-7000 new fortuners sold monthly in Thailand. Its causing a huge inventory issue in Australia. 😂

As pointed out earlier, i only mentioned the 2.4 issue as a one time event. Im in no way saying the whole batch of 2.4s are defective. Thats such a stupid statement.
    Last edited by StockEngine; March 17th, 2016 at 03:46 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Google cant see through translated pages I believe. Scouring through a translated page is difficult. You will have to read every thread in their forum. Hope you find it. I think their forum grew substantially. Imagine 6000-7000 new fortuners sold monthly in Thailand. Its causing a huge inventory issue in Australia. 😂

As pointed out earlier, i only mentioned the 2.4 issue as a one time event. Im in no way saying the whole batch of 2.4s are defective. Thats such a stupid statement.
    Agree. Its a stupid statement. Its not hard to imagine some people take it as stated.. That "the 2.4 has some issues hence they came out with the 2.8".

I understand that it has been a while from when you came across this thai forum but can you remember anything about the issue/s? Is it fuel pump related? Injector? Oil leaks? Turbo? Ok lang if wala ka maalala, nagbabakasakali lang. Im really curious as to why toyota opted to use the 2.8 on the innova. Thanks bosschief!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    With the 1.5M price of the new Innova, some people might want to consider the VW Touran.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    With the 1.5M price of the new Innova, some people might want to consider the VW Touran.
    The cheapest Touran is still 300k more expensive than the TOTL Innova.

Also, the Touran is still based on a car platform (Golf) so it's closer to the Carens and 5008 than the Innova. It doesn't have the same rugged truck chassis, which is good for ride comfort, but bad for durability and ground clearance.

The Touran is also more expensive to maintain, has poorer parts availability, and will definitely have awful resale value compared to the Innova.

An interesting left-field choice, but I doubt it will ever see mainstream success locally. Even the 5008 outsells it, perhaps only because it looks more charming, even if it's not as good an MPV as the Touran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    So many options at 1.5m. Mux, fortuner, montero, trailb and everest. The vans as well - urvan and hiace.

If you dont need 7 seats, rav4 and cx5.

It boggles me how toyota came up with a 1.5m innova.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    a slightly used previous version is now a real option for me.
    mas mura na, sigurado pa ang EP.
    besides, the new version has the same wide-ish turning radius as the old... its only achilles hell, as far as i am concerned.
    heh heh.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pupuek View Post
    So many options at 1.5m. Mux, fortuner, montero, trailb and everest. The vans as well - urvan and hiace.

If you dont need 7 seats, rav4 and cx5.

It boggles me how toyota came up with a 1.5m innova.
    Di naman kasi totoo yang 1.5 m na toyota. Exaggerated lang yung nagsabi nun.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by keithdb View Post
    Di naman kasi totoo yang 1.5 m na toyota. Exaggerated lang yung nagsabi nun.

You're right.. Not 1.5m but really close though.

And i still dont get why its so expensive

2.8 E A/T – P 1,222,000
    2.0 G A/T – P 1,232,000
    2.0 G A/T WP – P 1,247,000
    2.8 G M/T – P 1,269,000
    2.8 G M/T WP – P 1,284,000
    2.8 G A/T – P 1,349,000
    2.8 G A/T WP – P 1,364,000
    2.8 V A/T – P 1,445,000
    2.8 V A/T WP – P 1,460,000

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Its all the safety features that they added. Plus new everything.