New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 146 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Looking at the specs, best buy for me is the E variant. Except for the security system and backup sensor, i do not see where the 100k went in the G variant.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Leather seats, auto climate control.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Now that you pointed it out, I think it also boils down to maintenance. Since the Innovas we had were family car (family driver) affairs, the performance lag came about as the mileage climbed (egr clogging or turbo efficiency degrading perhaps?). It was decarbonized when they sent it to Toyota last year and I did notice an improvement afterwards.

My main gripe with the Korean vehicles we've had (mid 00s to early 10's) is also the build and interior material quality. Reliability and engine performance is okay. Rode the '09 Carnival of my Uncle last week and the fit and finish of our 07 Vios which has been disassembled several times for flood repairs, with more mileage, still feels tighter.

Surprised to see that the spec sheet indicates a 5-mt. Is this confirmed? Or they deliberately threw in a 5-mt to give us 2.4L owners a fighting chance? :rofl:
    I remember we had to have the egr valve changed 3 times before we sold it. Did they change yours as well? Maybe yours got stuck in a semi-open position even when it wasn't supposed to hence the weaker than normal engine. I hope this new model doesn't have that as a consumable item. I don't know of any other turbodiesels that have to have EGR valves replaced periodically or at least that often.

I totally agree with you on your points re: Korean cars. Ours is a 2011 and a 2012 (now sold).

4. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    It all boils down to... buying a Toyota for the ease of maintenance, or shall I say ease of finding replacement parts, and not because their design, technology and value are good.

They're not good, but not bad either. Just average.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Napaka ganda na ng new Innova with a big jump sa price. Sana ibalik na lang din ng Toyota ang Revo with D4D engine :grin :

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Napaka ganda na ng new Innova with a big jump sa price. Sana ibalik na lang din ng Toyota ang Revo with D4D engine :grin :

Pareho lang ang pamilya ng revo and innova sir. Successor ng revo is yung innova. Same thing before, successor ng tamaraw fx is revo.

Back to topic: I can't wait to see this new innova flying on our expressways. :D

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ramones283 View Post
    Pareho lang ang pamilya ng revo and innova sir. Successor ng revo is yung innova. Same thing before, successor ng tamaraw fx is revo.

Back to topic: I can't wait to see this new innova flying on our expressways. :D
    I miss the utilitarian of revo. Ang innova eh susyalin na ngayon. Haha pang hotel service na

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    I miss the utilitarian of revo. Ang innova eh susyalin na ngayon. Haha pang hotel service na

Yes true, revo is so much practical before than these innova, not considering the d4d on innova. We had one before the last generation of revo, much roomier and taller inside even the last row seats facing front. Just sharing.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    I remember we had to have the egr valve changed 3 times before we sold it. Did they change yours as well? Maybe yours got stuck in a semi-open position even when it wasn't supposed to hence the weaker than normal engine. I hope this new model doesn't have that as a consumable item. I don't know of any other turbodiesels that have to have EGR valves replaced periodically or at least that often.
    EGR blanking ang solusyon diyan.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    A friend was waiting for this innova but was turned off by the price. They're thinking of getting a MUX instead.
    Eto na nga ang magiging labanan diyan..kahit sabihin na nating luma ang mux, iisipin parin ng tao, SUV parin ang Mux..