The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 22 of 146 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Don't think Nakajima san had a "pocket rocket" in mind with the 2.8. :-D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    Yup the old 2.5L was relatively thirsty but in stop and go in the city I didn't feel like I had to punch the accelerator (with the a/t) that much as the gear ratios were pretty good. Felt like the ratios were really made for in city traffic. Even better than the m/t. Its in the highways that the old 2.5L Innova felt anemic. I don't discount the possibility of the new 2.8L being more efficient in the city but with MM traffic being what it is right now, I wouldn't bet on it.

The Carnival clearly looks like a better package but after owning 2 Korean cars I still doubt they'll be able to catch up in build quality (of parts) with this gen. I'm with you re: 2.4L, a much better match for the usage most people will have.
    Now that you pointed it out, I think it also boils down to maintenance. Since the Innovas we had were family car (family driver) affairs, the performance lag came about as the mileage climbed (egr clogging or turbo efficiency degrading perhaps?). It was decarbonized when they sent it to Toyota last year and I did notice an improvement afterwards.

My main gripe with the Korean vehicles we've had (mid 00s to early 10's) is also the build and interior material quality. Reliability and engine performance is okay. Rode the '09 Carnival of my Uncle last week and the fit and finish of our 07 Vios which has been disassembled several times for flood repairs, with more mileage, still feels tighter.

Surprised to see that the spec sheet indicates a 5-mt. Is this confirmed? Or they deliberately threw in a 5-mt to give us 2.4L owners a fighting chance? :rofl:

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    This was the answer of the Innova's chief engineer on the decision to go for an all-2.8 lineup:

http://www.autoindustriya.com/featur...ta-innova.html

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    I can only say that the 2.8GD in the Innova is a MAMAW. But I do not believe on his explanation why they didn't bring the 2.4GD. Probably a supply issue on 2.4GB or rather the 2.4GD Innova will only price slightly below the 2.8GD. That is why they opt to 2.8.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by veyron_27 View Post
    I can only say that the 2.8GD in the Innova is a MAMAW. But I do not believe on his explanation why they didn't bring the 2.4GD. Probably a supply issue on 2.4GB or rather the 2.4GD Innova will only price slightly below the 2.8GD. That is why they opt to 2.8.
    errr... what's a mamaw, po?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by veyron_27 View Post
    I dont mind the engine being bigger as long as the FC is the same with the current 2.5

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by watarii View Post
    I dont mind the engine being bigger as long as the FC is the same with the current 2.5

I'm hoping would be the same as the old 2.5 or better. We will see in the next few months.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Errr why is the diesel 2.4 in this site

Toyota Innova 216 Price - Find Review, Images, Specs & Promo in Philippines | Carbay

Ano ba talaga koya [emoji15]

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by watarii View Post
    Errr why is the diesel 2.4 in this site

Toyota Innova 216 Price - Find Review, Images, Specs & Promo in Philippines | Carbay

Ano ba talaga koya [emoji15]

most carbay websites are inaccurate.

spec sheet is here All You Need to Know About the 216 Toyota Innova (w/ Complete Specs) | ************ - Philippine Car News, Car Reviews, Car Features, Car Buyer's Guide and Car Prices.
    Last edited by StockEngine; March 1st, 2016 at 05:22 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Am not only talking about peak HP which it already has a lot of. The torque curve for this 2.8 is sweet. For everyday driving and in gear pull this will make a world of difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    I would love to see the FC comparison 2KD vs 1GD including liters/hour at idle