Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    4 speed ATs pa din ba ito?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All are 6at or 5mt

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I think the 2.4 engine has some issues hence they came out with the 2.8

I remember some thai posts about a 2.4 engine issue. The thai got a 2.8 as a replacement.
    Can you share the link here bro? TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    don't worry the 2.8 has no issues hehehe.

as for the 2.4 issue, im too lazy to find it. if i remember correctly it was 3 months ago in a thai forum specifically for fortuners.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016

as for the 2.4 issue, im too lazy to find it. if i remember correctly it was 3 months ago in a thai forum specifically for fortuners.
    Do you remember what issue in particular? Or issues

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

So, why is the Fortuner releasing the 2.4L variant here????

Hhhhmmmmm...... Toyota.... Hhhhmmmm....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

29.0K _/_/_/_/_/:jazzybass:_/_/_/_/_/
    Last edited by CVT; February 29th, 2016 at 08:25 AM.

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    last quarter ng 2013,may sinamahan kaming kamag anak na bumili ng toyota innova sa cabanatuan, toyota innova-e...wala pang 2yrs. kinalawang na mga pintuan, so sabi ko ipasok agad sa casa for warranty. papalitan daw ng mga pinto..ayos!
    after a few months kinuha na nila, tanghali nung kinuha na nila unit,pero tapos na office hour nandun pa rin sila..eto na, syempre inikutan muna unit bago sila umalis ng casa, pagbukas ng passenger side door,putsa lumaylay weather strip...ni repair lang pala yung mga pinto di nalagyan ng butas kabitan ng clip...buking😁😅
    sana di ganung kanipis ang lata ng innova ngayon..hehehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    I read in an Aussie site that the 2.8L engine in the new Hilux was thirstier than the old 3.0L. Being a detuned version I don't know if it'll be as thirsty but with the bigger displacement I'm sure it'll be thirstier than the old 2.5L in traffic.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    I read in an Aussie site that the 2.8L engine in the new Hilux was thirstier than the old 3.0L. Being a detuned version I don't know if it'll be as thirsty but with the bigger displacement I'm sure it'll be thirstier than the old 2.5L in traffic.
    The old Innova 2.5L in a/t guise is relatively thirsty (around 7-8km/L in city) and one reason being was one had to punch the accelerator to start from standstill to overcome the lag and keep your spot in slow moving traffic. If the 2.8L gives good low end torque, coupled with the 6-speed a/t then it has a good chance of delivering par or better city FC versus the outgoing model (unless both engines idle for very long periods of time rather than move in stop and go traffic).

In my case with the 2.4L Hilux m/t, so far I am getting somewhat better city FC versus when we had an Innova 2.5L J many years ago. (10km/L versus 9++km/L).

The price is a game changer indeed; Our family was about to get dispose of our 2009 Innova G to get the new one and the pricing changes is now making us think twice. For our use, we don't need a 2.8L and would gladly spend for a 2.4L a/t if it was 100-150K less. Kaunting tumbling nalang, may Carnival na.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Still find the interior a bit off.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    A friend was waiting for this innova but was turned off by the price. They're thinking of getting a MUX instead.