New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Wag nio namang laitin ung current gen ng innova, makalait kayo eh noh. Kung may old gen kayo enjoyin nio nalang yan at kung napapangitan kayo sa new gen wag nio ipagmalaki na mas maganda ung old gen nio. Para lng kayong tanga!!! Eh kung sabihin ko sainyo mas mukang plain ung innova nio matutuwa kayo??? Keep it with urself. Kung nagagandahan kayo sa leak ng 2016 patunayan nio bilhin nio agad at I post ang pic. Bsta para sakin nagagandahan ako sa current gen. And couple of the old gen...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Daf*q did I just read? Relax ka lang. Di porket nagagandahan kami sa spyshot ng bago eh kailangan na agad agad bilhin sheesh.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinahecho View Post
    Guys check this out latest leaked from Toyota thailand. Paultan.org/2015/02/26/Toyota innova-leaked-2016/
    i'm probably in the minority who don't like the new looks. hindi vertially proportioned, parang pandak on stilts. and i especially don't like the rear quarter/D-pillar treatment.

i own a 2012 unit, and could use more power since i drive on NLEX daily. but as features go, it's been pretty spot on indeed.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I've driven the Innova both on highways and twisty mountain roads. Power is sufficient for reasonable highway cruising at 100-120 kph. Adding a VNT won't reduce the harshness - it's still basically the same engine with more power. But like I said earlier, it'll be an unnecessary expense for the majority of Innova buyers.

You keep comparing the Innova G/V to the MS GLX MT. Do you actually think that people buying TOTL AT Innovas would want to drive a stickshift entry-level SUV? The AT MS GLX is a more apt variant to compare, and that's still 140k more than the Innova G AT. Mitsubishi has been very successful in shifting away buyers who want a big versatile car and occasional 7-seater from the Innova to the MS. But again, that's not the point of the Innova. And if we look at total Innova + Fortuner sales, it still has a comfortable lead vs Montero + Adventure + Fuzion sales.

Pricing across the entire Innova range seems sensible to me, though personally the V is a bit too much since its additional features aren't attractive:

J (887k) - ABS, EBD, manual everything
    E (997k/1.042M) - power windows and door locks, 4 speakers with USB input, alloy rims, color-keyed exterior bits, rear wiper, silver bits on the interior, fabric seats, vertical seat adjustment, seatbelt reminder
    G (1.113M/1.178M) - revised rims, 6 speakers, leather steering wheel with audio controls, automatic climate control, MID, power door mirrors, revised fabric seats, color-keyed and chrome exterior bits, wood grain trim, rear armrest, fog lamps, parking sensors, 3rd brake lamp, additional 12V outlet, keyless entry/alarm
    V (1.261M) - leather seats, captain chairs, more chrome exterior bits, bluetooth HU

Each Innova variant has incremental features that justify the price difference, and it's up to the buyer to choose which features they're willing to pay for.
    I forgot about the GLX MS AT, but I think many Mitsu dealers are offering it with lots of discounts, if I'm not mistaken, to make it's price below P1.3m. Kaya some buyers that are eyeing for the G/V variants could consider it, depending on their budget and needs.

Anyways, about the Innova variants, it's the only one in the Toyota lineup here to be offered with complete J, E, G, & V variants from TMP and that it also has both gasoline and diesel engines, with the J variants having MT, E & G variants having both MT & AT and last but not the least, the V variants having AT. The variants to choose from also contributes to why it is the best-selling MPV ever since it was released here a decade ago. Neither the Adventure nor the Crosswind currently offer as many variants as that. Yun lang.

Btw, sorry for the question. Does the 2.5L D4D possess a timing belt or a timing chain/gear? Thanks in advance.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post

Btw, sorry for the question. Does the 2.5L D4D possess a timing belt or a timing chain/gear? Thanks in advance.
    alas, the innova's 2.5 D4D has timing belt, not chain.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 2nd, 2015 at 12:19 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014

Interior of 2015/16 Innova. Credits to our Indian friends at team-bhp.com

7. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinahecho View Post
    Guys check this out latest leaked from Toyota thailand. Paultan.org/2015/02/26/Toyota innova-leaked-2016/
    ang gara naman ng new innova!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    ^Add some hundred thousand bucks more and the price will be much closer to the entry-level MS GLX M/T, at least for the Innova 2.5 G and 2.5 V variants.

This comment i.e. "add a bit more...." , which is kinda usual here really puzzles me. Maybe because I'm not rich.
    What I mean is it is not easy to "add some hundred thousand bucks more".
    If it is that easy, I assume most Innova owners would have bought a Fortuner or a Montero or even Trailblazer.

We have an Innova G but Honestly I explored getting a Montero instead. But stretching the budget even by "just a hundred thousand" is not easy. The math tells it all.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Parang anliit lang ng "hundred thousands more"

I got a G vvti manual and will only get that new model if its got a VNT or a 2.4 dual vvti engine.
    And only if price difference is within a "hundred thousand only".

Parang anliit lang ng "hundred thousands more"

I got a G vvti manual and will only get that new model if its got a VNT or a 2.4 dual vvti engine.
    And only if price difference is within a "hundred thousand only".

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    This comment i.e. "add a bit more...." , which is kinda usual here really puzzles me. Maybe because I'm not rich.
    If it is that easy, I assume most Innova owners would have bought a Fortuner or a Montero or even Trailblazer.

We have an Innova G but Honestly I explored getting a Montero instead. But stretching the budget even by "just a hundred thousand" is not easy. The math tells it all.
    yan ang nakakabwisit kahit sinabi na ng tao na "max budget" sasagutin pa ng "add a bit more" hirap kayang kitain yung "more" na yun

Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post

yan ang nakakabwisit kahit sinabi na ng tao na "max budget" sasagutin pa ng "add a bit more" hirap kayang kitain yung "more" na yun

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast