1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

... internalcombust...??
    nah...!!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Innova fanboys?? Hayss...

Of course, the Innova is more modern than any Adventure or Crosswind out there but I just pointed out that the upper diesel G and V variants have prices that are closer to the entry level MS GLX, which is already an SUV, of course. IMHO, only the J and E variants have the right pricing.

The Innova is a family car, being an MPV but like I said, Toyota should make it more refined if they're going to release a new one.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post

Of course, the Innova is more modern than any Adventure or Crosswind out there but I just pointed out that the upper diesel G and V variants have prices that are closer to the entry level MS GLX, which is already an SUV, of course. IMHO, only the J and E variants have the right pricing.

The Innova is a family car, being an MPV but like I said, Toyota should make it more refined if they're going to release a new one.
    present, sir! and there's a dozen more outside..
    rah! rah! rah! 'nova! 'nova! rah! rah! rah!
    when i first tried it out in 2005, i congratulated myself for getting one.. for the first time, i had no complaints! it did what i wanted it to do..
    yes, it is old.. but until another, better model comes along, i'll stay with 'er and keep on recommending 'er..
    Last edited by dr. d; March 1st, 2015 at 10:26 AM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    ^Btw, no one's asking how special your bigtime MPV is, sir, if that's what you're thinking...

It's still an MPV and I'm sure that you're pretty much aware that it's in the market for already a decade and therefore, a new model should follow soon.

No need for you to brag about it here anymore just because you could say that you're one proud owner of the said car. Just sayin'.

Now, let's just get BTT.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinahecho View Post
    Guys check this out latest leaked from Toyota thailand. Paultan.org/2015/02/26/Toyota innova-leaked-2016/
    di hamak namang mas guwapo ito kesa sa current innova.
    dalhin na sa 'pinas 'yan! :thumbup:

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006

Like what has been said above, you're missing the point. People buying Innovas actually want MPVs. If they wanted an SUV, they'd have gotten an SUV - the market is flooded with lots of options.

An Innova is more comfortable than the Montero. This is particularly evident in the 3rd row, where the Innova can actually house 2 adults in relative comfort for a 2 hour drive, whereas it'd have a been back-breaking ride in Montero.

Also, unlike the Montero, the Innova doesn't have a floaty and nausea-inducing ride that lunges forward under braking and backward during acceleration. Both have softer suspensions versus other pickup-based SUVs, but the Innova has the advantage of a lower center of gravity which equates to better riding comfort.

Another benefit of the lower ride height is much easier ingress and egress. This alone makes the Innova the clear winner for those with elderly passengers.

And what was that you were saying about the Innova needing the VNT engine? For what? The Innova's engine is well-tuned for its intended purpose - a people-carrier. It has enough torque that even with 8 people plus cargo on board, it doesn't feel burdened. Of course it only tops out at 150 kph, but again, asking for more is totally missing the point. What you need for a people carrier is a torquey engine that's durable and efficient, which is what the current non-VNT engine is. Adding the VNT just adds to the cost, without any real benefit for the majority of buyers. Heck, even for the Montero, the non-VGT outsells the VGT because few people wanna pay for that power which is totally useless in city driving. Oh, and in terms of flood fording capability, both the Innova and Montero just have 500mm wading depths, unlike the Fortuner's 700mm or Trailblazer's 800mm.

In the end, while the Montero looks better, has more presence, and more cargo space, the Innova is still the better family car and people carrier.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    If we are fanboy, would that make you a hater?

I like an innova and olanning to get one soon either a good 2nd hand deal or through financing.

I am a fanboy, thats why i have a vtec kick in yo!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Like what has been said above, you're missing the point. People buying Innovas actually want MPVs. If they wanted an SUV, they'd have gotten an SUV - the market is flooded with lots of options.

An Innova is more comfortable than the Montero. This is particularly evident in the 3rd row, where the Innova can actually house 2 adults in relative comfort for a 2 hour drive, whereas it'd have a been back-breaking ride in Montero.

Also, unlike the Montero, the Innova doesn't have a floaty and nausea-inducing ride that lunges forward under braking and backward during acceleration. Both have softer suspensions versus other pickup-based SUVs, but the Innova has the advantage of a lower center of gravity which equates to better riding comfort.

Another benefit of the lower ride height is much easier ingress and egress. This alone makes the Innova the clear winner for those with elderly passengers.

And what was that you were saying about the Innova needing the VNT engine? For what? The Innova's engine is well-tuned for its intended purpose - a people-carrier. It has enough torque that even with 8 people plus cargo on board, it doesn't feel burdened. Of course it only tops out at 150 kph, but again, asking for more is totally missing the point. What you need for a people carrier is a torquey engine that's durable and efficient, which is what the current non-VNT engine is. Adding the VNT just adds to the cost, without any real benefit for the majority of buyers. Heck, even for the Montero, the non-VGT outsells the VGT because few people wanna pay for that power which is totally useless in city driving. Oh, and in terms of flood fording capability, both the Innova and Montero just have 500mm wading depths, unlike the Fortuner's 700mm or Trailblazer's 800mm.

In the end, while the Montero looks better, has more presence, and more cargo space, the Innova is still the better family car and people carrier.
    Well, Toyota could equip the diesel Innova with the VNT, but...yeah. I guess many people say that the diesel is just adequate for the MPV since the Innova has a rather light body. If Toyota will not add VNT, then they should at least slap it with an intercooler because maybe it's the reason why the engine starts crying at speeds more than 100kph and the fact that you could feel some harsh vibrations whenever it's cruising at the said speed. Just my observation as a passenger of an Innova before.

The diesel G and V variants have pricings that start at P1.1m and it's already close to an entry-level MS GLX MT, so that's why they're quite comparable, I would say, though they really have different purposes. But the J and E variants have proper pricing, IMHO.

I just wonder if the prices for the all-new Innova will be higher than what the current one offers right now.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Well, Toyota could equip the diesel Innova with the VNT, but...yeah. I guess many people say that the diesel is just adequate for the MPV since the Innova has a rather light body. If Toyota will not add VNT, then they should at least slap it with an intercooler because maybe it's the reason why the engine starts crying at speeds more than 100kph and the fact that you could feel some harsh vibrations whenever it's cruising at the said speed. Just my observation as a passenger of an Innova before.

The diesel G and V variants have pricings that start at P1.1m and it's already close to an entry-level MS GLX MT, so that's why they're quite comparable, I would say, though they really have different purposes. But the J and E variants have proper pricing, IMHO.

I just wonder if the prices for the all-new Innova will be higher than what the current one offers right now.
    I've driven the Innova both on highways and twisty mountain roads. Power is sufficient for reasonable highway cruising at 100-120 kph. Adding a VNT won't reduce the harshness - it's still basically the same engine with more power. But like I said earlier, it'll be an unnecessary expense for the majority of Innova buyers.

You keep comparing the Innova G/V to the MS GLX MT. Do you actually think that people buying TOTL AT Innovas would want to drive a stickshift entry-level SUV? The AT MS GLX is a more apt variant to compare, and that's still 140k more than the Innova G AT. Mitsubishi has been very successful in shifting away buyers who want a big versatile car and occasional 7-seater from the Innova to the MS. But again, that's not the point of the Innova. And if we look at total Innova + Fortuner sales, it still has a comfortable lead vs Montero + Adventure + Fuzion sales.

Pricing across the entire Innova range seems sensible to me, though personally the V is a bit too much since its additional features aren't attractive:

J (887k) - ABS, EBD, manual everything
    E (997k/1.042M) - power windows and door locks, 4 speakers with USB input, alloy rims, color-keyed exterior bits, rear wiper, silver bits on the interior, fabric seats, vertical seat adjustment, seatbelt reminder
    G (1.113M/1.178M) - revised rims, 6 speakers, leather steering wheel with audio controls, automatic climate control, MID, power door mirrors, revised fabric seats, color-keyed and chrome exterior bits, wood grain trim, rear armrest, fog lamps, parking sensors, 3rd brake lamp, additional 12V outlet, keyless entry/alarm
    V (1.261M) - leather seats, captain chairs, more chrome exterior bits, bluetooth HU

Each Innova variant has incremental features that justify the price difference, and it's up to the buyer to choose which features they're willing to pay for.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    The Innova as it is, is pretty spot on. You get adequate power, loads of space and comfort and great fuel economy for the price of a compact sedan. I have no doubts the next gen will improve on all aspects. Saw a spyshot of the interior and gotta say it looks pretty impressive.

I don't see the point bringing up the Montero in an Innova thread, the topic's been beaten to death, give it up already.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast