New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Need your help guys. I just bought the latest RAV4 Standard 4x2. A day or two after I got the car I noticed some unusual vibration on the car whenever it shifted from 2nd gear and up. It usually gets out when you press on the gas pedal lightly and accelerate slow. It vibrates like as if the car is running through those small road white painted strips but the vibration is not as elaborate. I already made a complaint and the car was serviced by Toyota for 2 days. According to the SA, they just made some tightening on the car and they made a road test and it's all good. Got the car today and still the vibrations are there. I made a complaint again and they told me to bring it back again. Is this grounds for replacement? According to the Sales Agent they don't replace brand new units but fix it. I told them I can''t have a brand new car going in and out of repair. Any inputs on what to do will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Put every complain in black-&-white and make sure your SA sign a receive copy of every page, you may need this for future reference pag nag file ka ng lemon. Pero kung sa akin yan pag naka 2nd visit at hinde pa din naayos push for replacement. Join ka sa FB rav4clubph for other rav4 owners advise

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Unfortunately it will not be a ground for immediate replacement as the problem may be fixable. I had a similar problem with my Nissan Sentra before and it only came out under certain conditions; we had to test drive the car with the mechanic on board so we could really point out the problem. It was fixed thereafter. Document your complaint also via letter to your dealer and perhaps Toyota. You just have to explain also that you are writing to bring up the problem and that you hope for it's immediate attention and repair as previous attempts by the CASA did not work. Inquire if someone from the TMP plant can look into it already. Be nice and cordial as some people tend to be immediately harsh and puts the other party at the immediate defensive instead of being open to helping out.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    You can ask DTI for the right procedures in replacing or complaining. No dealer will immediately replace any car as it is a bad precedent for others.

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Forums

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    And bakit mo kinuha yung unit after they have fixed it? Nagtest drive ka muna sana with the SA handling your problem.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    thanks guys! car was serviced 3 times already and they were not able to fix it. the vibration during shifting is still there. even the general manager and the customer relations acknowledged the vibration when we road test the unit. according to the sales agent they don't replace units but fix them....crazy right? finally i sent them a demand letter to replace my unit or refund me and that i refuse to get my unit back from their shop. would you accept a brand new car that's been serviced thrice in 2 weeks yet never fixed? anyway, i'm just waiting for their reply if not then i think it would be best to file a case against them and see what happens.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by crazydragons View Post
    thanks guys! car was serviced 3 times already and they were not able to fix it. the vibration during shifting is still there. even the general manager and the customer relations acknowledged the vibration when we road test the unit. according to the sales agent they don't replace units but fix them....crazy right? finally i sent them a demand letter to replace my unit or refund me and that i refuse to get my unit back from their shop. would you accept a brand new car that's been serviced thrice in 2 weeks yet never fixed? anyway, i'm just waiting for their reply if not then i think it would be best to file a case against them and see what happens.

While your RAV4 is being repaired, you can also demand for an equivalent service unit. It is not acceptable that a brand new car keeps going in and out of casa without solving the issue, and you don't have a service car.

Hope everything works out well.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Finally Toyota replaced my unit with a brand new one. Drove it first before accepting the delivery. So far its all good. Thanks for the inputs guys.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by crazydragons View Post
    Finally Toyota replaced my unit with a brand new one. Drove it first before accepting the delivery. So far its all good. Thanks for the inputs guys.
    That's great news! First time I read about unit replacement actually happening. Good job Toyota! I guess they finally realized it was a lemon.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi there! Would you mind sharing which dealership you bought your Rav4? Dealers like this should be acknowledged for their professionalism.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast