New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    As usual facelift lang uli, walang bagong model. IMV eh... ([SIZE=1]third world model) [SIZE=3]Sa Ford Ranger 2012 pa rin ako! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]

[/SIZE][/SIZE]Toyota will be simultaneously unveiling facelifted versions of all three of its IMV models at the Indonesian International Motor Show next month.

Just for some background – Toyota’s IMV (Innovative International Multi-purpose Vehicle) project vehicles are aimed at emerging markets and have spawned a total of 5 bodystyles which consist of three pick-up variants of the Toyota Hilux, an SUV which is the Toyota Fortuner and an MPV which is the Toyota Innova.

The picture you see above is the first leaked image of the new Toyota Hilux facelift, which is spreading like wildfire around the internet right now. As you can see the front end has been revised and now features a stronger face inspired by the high end Toyota Landcruiser J200.

The IMV project is actually something unprecedented for Toyota, as it is conducted almost entirely outside Japan, including purchasing, manufacturing and logistics. As emerging market vehicles, they are not designed or sold in Japan, and in fact most if not all of the parts are not sourced from Japan, instead supplied by various ASEAN countries such as Thailand and Indonesia. They are also designed to suit the “hardship” that the suspension system has to endure because of the general road conditions in emerging markets.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Kung ganyan din lang, tubong lugaw lang nga habol nila, iiwanan sila ng 2012 Ford Ranger niyan. Yun kasi galing sa One Ford program which is superior vs the IMV program which is just a nice marketing ploy of saying "cost cutting".

I would have expected more from them. Pare-pareho tinatahak ng MMC, Toyota at Isuzu ah. hmmmm. Tipid mode lang muna siguro para makabawi muna financially short term but the problem is long-term effects of lost customers.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    pagnagwink ka, medyo hawig sa LC200 yung upperhalf ng harapan.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    ang ganda nito! bagong facelift na! but the same reliable ang powerful engine. I wonder kung ang 2010 hilux ay pwede bilhan ng OEM na grille at headlights na ganito. Yung ilalabas na bagong ford pick-up, ok din.. ang laki at may shape na. malamang maghahabulan sa sales itong mga ito

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    mukha siyang lc200

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BatchOne View Post
    ang ganda nito! bagong facelift na! but the same reliable ang powerful engine. I wonder kung ang 2010 hilux ay pwede bilhan ng OEM na grille at headlights na ganito. Yung ilalabas na bagong ford pick-up, ok din.. ang laki at may shape na. malamang maghahabulan sa sales itong mga ito
    Kung facelift lang, iwan pa din yan sa sales ng Strada IMO which is the current bestseller AFAIK. Looks like its more of MMC vs Ford in 2012.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006

I like this one better, looks like a small tundra. Land Cruiser VX 200 rims

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JPG111 View Post

I like this one better, looks like a small tundra. Land Cruiser VX 200 rims

The tires and wheels looks smallish IMO. Or it's just me?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    The tires and wheels looks smallish IMO. Or it's just me?
    Not the same size with the LC200, but the their rims look the same.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Rims look like 18"s. Sana laparan naman nila clearance ng wheel wells, the way its shaped its like they want it to have a huge gap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2012 Toyota Hilux (IMV alam mo na)