New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Fortuner and Hilux Launch

The most welcome change from the old cars is the new seat-contouring (which was actually explained in-depth during the AV presentation). This gives the seats more of a bucket than before, and combined with new foam inserts, makes the rear seat much more liveable. The back-rest also feels better, but I can't give a full verdict until the road test.

Things should be better on the road now, with a retuned and redesigned suspension and new 17" wheels. Those wheels come standard on the entire Fortuner range and are also on the top-of-the-line Hilux. The Fortuner has always driven better than most ladder frames in the class, so with a better suspension and more-squared off tires on 17s, it should comfortably retain that USP. We'll know by this weekend when we get to try out the new suspension on the road.

Also standard on the Fortuner across the range are auto-levelling HIDs, side-mirror turn signals, steering-wheel audio controls, USB and Bluetooth connectivity, automatic climate control, back-up sensors and leather (except on the base 4x2 MT model... the 4x2 AT gets it). When they tag the entire line-up as "G" variants, they mean it.
    Read my lips: No new engines!

Shame... they could have at least implemented the intercooler option on the "G" variants with the 2.5. The intercooler would have bumped power to 118 hp, which, while it's not great, is acceptable.

Still... the new Fort and Hilux 3.0s seem to once again be proper buying alternatives, with the better looks and comfort. Still not sold on the plastics. Someone commented that this seems to be a trend with Thai-made cars... and having issues with the plastics on Thai-made Fords versus Philippine-made ones, I have to agree....

For anyone interested, the Hilux is available for test-drives from today until August 23. The Fortuner test drives will start on Saturday. EB?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003

I wouldn't want to be the one to wash those ugly looking rims...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    ok na sana yung updated version ng fortuner and hilux tapus almost same price na sa montero. pero ang sablay hindi nila pinalitan ng VNT turbo na same sa thailand.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I've seen this new Hilux up-close... I think I like this now than the Strada. A newer engine would have been nice. Finally with an LSD.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Sir ilang hp na ang 2.5 ng fortuner? 102hp padin ba

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Just asked a Toyota Cubao sales person na totoo ba ang horsepower bump ng 2.5 na Fortuner at Hilux, and she replied yes but with a doubt kasi mabagobago ang sasakyan

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Official brochure says 160 hp for the 3.0 and 107 hp for the 2.5.

Don't knock the rims. They actually look nice in person.

Despite the lack of new engines, I'd still rock the Fortuner 3.0 4x4.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Official brochure says 160 hp for the 3.0 and 107 hp for the 2.5.

Don't knock the rims. They actually look nice in person.

Despite the lack of new engines, I'd still rock the Fortuner 3.0 4x4.
    Minimal power boost, pero sabi sa isang automotive site na 12OHp ang Fortuner and Hilux

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That would likely be the retuned 2.5 with the intercooler.

It's puzzling why they won't bring the intercooled version here... since that won't increase the stress on the engine (far from it), and it would increase power enough that fewer people would complain about the lack of VGT.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    That would likely be the retuned 2.5 with the intercooler.

It's puzzling why they won't bring the intercooled version here... since that won't increase the stress on the engine (far from it), and it would increase power enough that fewer people would complain about the lack of VGT.
    maybe to lower the cost ng fortuner and hilux. para malabanan yung pricing ng montero and strada. heard some buzz na meron din daw updated version ang montero. yung 2nd row na aircon vents same as fortuner na ceiling mount.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
2012 Fortuner and Hilux officially launched at NBC Tent