New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yep I agree, coasting helps! Ako I coast 60km/h on my Yaris (1.5G Vios to you). Ang kalaban talaga is sudden changes in speed whether slowing down or speeding up! Maintaining constant speed and anticipating traffic helps a whole lot. Pag na anticipate mo na traffic then let go of the gas then as the engine slows down the car then apply the brakes while in gear to slow it down further once you reach 20km/H and nearing stop then switch tranny to neutral (for manuals only) then use break to completely stop the car!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ann jelynne View Post
    I just bought a brand new 2010 vios. This is a 1.3J model with manual trans. Before anything else, thanks to tsikot for helping me decide to buy this.

All in all, i'm pretty satisfied with the car, however it seems the fuel consumption is bad. I'm getting around 7km/liter with mostly city driving. I searched and it seemed that this is a bad fuel consumption as compared to what i saw such as 10 to 15 km/liter as what other claim.

The car has a millage of around 400km only. Im doing the full tank method for measuring the consumption.

question:

1. Is the consumption for a brand new suppose to be like this? (7km/liter)
    2. Will the consumption improve after the first 1000km check up?
    3. Is my driving method has something to do with this?

Answers will greatly be appreciated.

^^

2.5km on 30-45mins heavy traffic can be put to blame.

and also, do you use to idle longer than 3 mins? lets say, more than 10 mins?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    However, i have very short trip in a day. And yes, always trafic. A 2.5km trip from my house to work will take 30 to 45 mins. Maybe this is a big factor.
    kaya pala. 7km/li is already quite good in this situation.

OT, if it takes you 30-45 minutes travel time for a 2.5km stretch, why don't you walk nalang to work? Maganda pa ang exercise, baka mas mabilis ka pa makaabot.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Parang greenhills to shangrila na distance yan for a 30min drive. Good thing di ka nag SUV or mga 4km/L lng yan.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    However, i have very short trip in a day. And yes, always trafic. A 2.5km trip from my house to work will take 30 to 45 mins. Maybe this is a big factor.
    Then that's perfectly normal.

I do a 30 minute trip from my daughter's school back to the house that's around 3 kms.

On that trip, my 2.0 MT car gets around 6 km/l, our CR-V gets 5.5 and the Honda Jazz 1.3 we tested gets around 7.5 km/l. Your consumption is perfectly normal given that horrendous traffic.

Remember, 0 kilometers per hour equals 0 kilometers per liter...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    If you're getting 400kms for each full tank, which is 42 liters I believe in a Vios. Then your FC is 400/42 = 9.5km/liter not 7km/liter.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 7391N View Post
    If you're getting 400kms for each full tank, which is 42 liters I believe in a Vios. Then your FC is 400/42 = 9.5km/liter not 7km/liter.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    I think you got it wrong.

TS mentioned her car has a current mileage of 400km, meaning that she's thinking the car is still new that's why the high FC for her Vios. It also meant that at 400km, she has already taken a full tank to full tank reading already, and she has computed it to be 7km/l (she probably did that when the odometer still read below 300kms).

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by homer jay View Post
    I think you got it wrong.

TS mentioned her car has a current mileage of 400km, meaning that she's thinking the car is still new that's why the high FC for her Vios. It also meant that at 400km, she has already taken a full tank to full tank reading already, and she has computed it to be 7km/l (she probably did that when the odometer still read below 300kms).
    thanks for clarifying

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    i do around 8-9 km/l on heavy traffic during weekdays. sakto kana dyan, will even get better after your 1K

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    I just bought a brand new 2010 vios. This is a 1.3J model with manual trans. Before anything else, thanks to tsikot for helping me decide to buy this.

All in all, i'm pretty satisfied with the car, however it seems the fuel consumption is bad. I'm getting around 7km/liter with mostly city driving. I searched and it seemed that this is a bad fuel consumption as compared to what i saw such as 10 to 15 km/liter as what other claim.

The car has a millage of around 400km only. Im doing the full tank method for measuring the consumption.

question:

1. Is the consumption for a brand new suppose to be like this? (7km/liter)
    2. Will the consumption improve after the first 1000km check up?
    3. Is my driving method has something to do with this?

Answers will greatly be appreciated.

hi, i also got the vios j 2010 last may 6, and i immediatly replaced the stock rims to 17inch. Im also experiencing very low fuel consumption. 500 lagi ang pinapagas ko so thats 11.11 liters more or less then i reset the trip meter every time i gas up. 80km lang ang tinatakbo ubos nanaman ang 11liter? i only get 7.2km/L pure city driving. The car only has 1,400km reading and i recently had the 1st 1,000 check up, ganun parin consumption. is it because of the 17Inch mags? hindi kaya ng 1.3 engine ang bigat ng mags? or break in talaga ang solution? and my ofice is exactly 2km from our house, does short distance travel affect fuel consumption? thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2010 Vios bad fuel consumption