New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    ive been going back to toyota marikina for almost every weekend for 3 consecutive weeks just to have my brakes checked. at first, yung sa harap ang may tumutunog (garalgal na parang pumipitik na sound) then lastly ung sa likod naman (parang may naiipit na sound).

service supervisors of marikina told me when i asked for an explanation why my brakes were havings such sounds - yung sa harap daw napudpud na yung brake pads kasi lalo na raw city driving so mas madalas umapak ng brakes. acceptable? bullshit! how can that happen e bagong bago ung auto.. wala pa ngang 1 year. sinabi ko nga yun kaso they insisted na un talaga ang rason.. so ok ginawa.. siningil lang ako ng doc. fee..

after a week (actually days lang) ung sa likod naman ang tumunog.. this time, they explained that small stones might have caused it. may naipit raw. such explanation is somehow accepatable pero ung una talagang reason ang **** pre.. '

actually, right now, after having experience this.. medyo naffrustrate na ko sa vios.. dami kagad napapansin considering kababago-bago..

anyways... just sharing guys..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Ilan na mileage ng car nyo sir?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    9700+ lang chief..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    is your VIOS automatic tranny?

How many people ride with you?

9,700 km in six months? ... that is actually pretty high. Actually twice than what I would expect from the average.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    it's manual..

is that quite high?

most of the time it's only my wife who rides with me...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by irodulfo View Post
    it's manual..

is that quite high?

most of the time it's only my wife who rides with me...
    The mileage is high.

As to my own estimate, average would be between 10,000 km to 12,000km per year.

As for brake pads wearing out, it's a factor of driving habits and driving conditions. If you have to a habit of driving fast and braking hard, that could explain the current condition of your factory brake pads.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Or maybe the driver has the habit of "forgetting" to disengage his handbreak before driving off.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    That's unusual na mapudpud yung brake pads in only 6 months / ~ 10K odo. my car is 3 years old / 32K odo at mga brake pads ay makapal pa.
    baka stuck-up na yung brake mo kaya mabilis mapudpud yan. better go to another casa para ma-check.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    bilis naman mapudpud sir...kung tutuusin konti palang din natatakbo mo.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    stock pads should last around 30t kms.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
2010 vios - after 6 mos. per toyota pudpud na raw yung brake pads