New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    di pa rin yata split folding. i think the rear seat is still bench type.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah its kinda (stupid) for them not to put it in. The competition has it, they failed to put it in the pre-facelift model and now this is their chance to correct their mistakes and yet they didn't correct it. Its not as if it can't be done because in other countries there is 60:40 split for the Yaris hatchback.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    is it because of cost cutting why toyota retained the bench type rear seat?

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Screw that cost-cutting!!.. Our Hyundai i10 has 60:40 Split-folding rear seat with recessed headrests!.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    buti pa pala ang i10 may split-folding rear seat with headrests pa! kelan kaya yan darating na feature sa yaris. hay naku toyota!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    May headrests naman ang Yaris and reclinable pero yeah no split folding which is a major letdown.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    My sister drives a yaris, it is nice to drive and comfortable but the price? mmm..turned me off

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Actually its price is one of its strong points. Its cheaper than the competition... Whether its worth it is up to the buyer!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I think it is priced just right. Although the old yaris is really value for money. With the 70k discount, you can dress it up or just spend the money else where.

You don't buy a car because it has 60:40 split folding rear seat. It is one of the bonuses, yes but it doesn't mean it's a better car than this one.

Yaris in Europe and Thailand has 60:40 split folding rear seat. They have a 1.3L VVTi engine and 1.1L D4D engine although I doubt that these types of engine will come here in the PI.

I get 13-15 even 17km/L with this car. Not bad for a 1.5L engine. Now with the doors deadened and 17s rim, I get 13km/L.

As Tidus said that Hyundai ranks 1st on J.D. Powers Initial Study, I would also like to point out the Toyota Yaris ranks 1st on J.D. Powers Initial Study on Reliability among subcompacts. Although long term reliability is yet to be seen with the Yaris and the subcompacts of koreans. But judging from the Toyota Echo (which is the grand parents of the Yaris), I guess my Yaris will last for more than 10 years.
    Last edited by nurse_corrupted; July 3rd, 2009 at 11:43 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    To Yaris owners, pano ba kunin yung car jack sa ilalim ng drivers seat? I can't seem to find a way to get it out...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2009 Facelifted Toyota Yaris