New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    WCF Linky 2008 Toyota Sequoia

World Car Fans - Toyota put the all new 2008 Toyota Sequoia on parade at the Los Angeles Auto Show earlier today. The full-size SUV is built with a new body, chassis, and interior.

Interestingly, the chief engineer on the project, Motoharu Araya, tried to come up with the best possible SUV by immersing himself in Americana for two-and-a-half-years. Araya spent time living with an American family to figure out how they utilized their SUV, and what the truck means to them. In the end, he delivered the new Sequoia, meant to be quieter, more comfortable, and more stable than other vehicles in the same class.

Under the hood, Toyota has unleashed a 5.7 liter V8 engine paired with a six-speed transmission, and gets 381 horsepower and 401 ft-lb of torque. Toyota claims the new Sequoia has "excellent fuel efficiency and very low emissions," but we are a bit sceptical.

Inside, the TOyota Sequoia has been redesigned to feel roomier, with a cabin size that is longer, wider, and taller than the last Sequoia. Now, there is even more space for groceries in the back, since the second row and third row seats all fold flat. An eight-speaker audio system is standard, but that is upgradeable to a 660-watt JBL Synthesis system with 14 speakers throughout the vehicle.

The new 2008 Toyota Sequoia has a base model with a 4.7 liter V8 standard, that also rides on 18-inch wheels. 20-inch wheels are available as an option. On top of everything else, this sucker can tow 10,000 pounds behind it. Expect to see the new Sequoia on the showroom floor very soon.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Tama hinala ko when the all new Tundra came out, susunod ang Sequoia. What can I say...it's BIG.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Camgen6 View Post
    Tama hinala ko when the all new Tundra came out, susunod ang Sequoia. What can I say...it's BIG.
    Tundra pickup na dinamitan ng Sequoia SUV.
    Hilux pickup na dinamitan ng Fortuner SUV.
    As usual.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... from this angle, it looks like the hood's quite short. But I agree, it does look massive.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Very big! and looks like a bulldog sa harapan.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    it looks like it could consume a whole oil tanker in a day
    Last edited by cardo; November 15th, 2007 at 01:27 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ang laki! parang excursion na sya ah. parang american car inside and out. pero bakit 2 itsura ng dash?

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Wow! :2hearts: Bagay na bagay ang heft nya para sa tulad kong over 6 feet ang height.

But I'd like to have mine in black

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Nice but still big and with a V8. I know people who owns Sequoia's (not the '08 model) but they hardly use it now.

Consumes too much gas.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2008 Toyota Sequoia