New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2007

Saw One Sa Village Namin..^_^ May Possible Ba Lumabas Dito Yan? Maganda..^_^

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    I really can't understand why Toyota loves to put tiny wheels on most of their variants, except maybe for the RAV4 and Camry.

It makes the stock Hi-lux look funny, the Vios even smaller, etc. The second picture above makes the car's wheel wells look so large, out of proportion.

:twocents:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines
    I really can't understand why Toyota loves to put tiny wheels on most of their variants, except maybe for the RAV4 and Camry.
    Its really just a North American Corolla hatchback with crossover styling.

Quote Originally Posted by cruez3 View Post
    May Possible Ba Lumabas Dito Yan? Maganda..^_^
    Maybe not, as far as I know, this model is only for North America(where its manufactured).

By the way, here is the all-new Toyota Matrix for the 2009MY.

I think there were pics of these posted along with new USDM Corolla in another thread...

Here are the Pontiac versions of the Toyota Matrix (joint venture with GM).
    Previous gen Vibe

All-new Vibe

I actually prefer the styling of the Pontiac Vibe...
    Last edited by AG4; November 21st, 2007 at 02:32 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cruez3 View Post

Saw One Sa Village Namin..^_^ May Possible Ba Lumabas Dito Yan? Maganda..^_^
    Toyota Wish in Japan, smaller displacement like Avanza. Way way looks better than Innova and Avanza!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post

Previous gen Vibe

All-new Vibe

Agree here 100% bro....

Pag naliligaw ako sa region diyan,- iyan ang aking palaging rental vehicle (Pontiac Vibe).......

Ang sarap i-drive..... Palagi ngang pinapansin ng mga tao roon pag nagpapa-gas ako.....

4505:vader:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    toyota philippines i think is not selling the matrix variant here. probably because they have the innova here.

but my sister in the states drives a 2004 toyota matrix.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post

It makes the stock Hi-lux look funny, the Vios even smaller, etc. The second picture above makes the car's wheel wells look so large, out of proportion.

:twocents:
    napansin mo din pala ito bro... tagal ko na ring pinagiisipan nito everytime i see an altis, a vios or an innova eh.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Its really just a North American Corolla hatchback with crossover styling.

Previous gen Vibe

All-new Vibe

I also like the Vibe more compared to the Matrix, then when I went back here in Manila I search for one and since walang vibe dito I tried to look for a matrix, yun pala Hyundai ang may dala ng pangalan.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    toyota philippines i think is not selling the matrix variant here. probably because they have the innova here.
    Its not sold in the RP because its made for the North American market.
    The Matrix may have some SUV and MPV inspired styling cues, but its really just a 5-seater Corolla based hatchback and not a true MPV like the 7/8 seater Innova.
    Last edited by AG4; November 21st, 2007 at 07:47 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I've never appreciated the Matrix, because like AG4 said it's just a Corolla 5 seater hatchback. I drove a friend's Matrix before and needless to say I craved to drive in my old Benz the moment I stepped out. The visibility was poor, the ride was stiff, acceleration was "okay" but typical of any Corolla I guess. The fact that it was white with the typical Toyota interiors also made it...bland.

This Matrix is like the last generation Celica - they were good when they were brand new, fresh from the factory - pero madali malaos. The design is now outdated and looks like a decade old despite it being a few years old lang.

2008 Toyota Matrix? Is There Gonna Be?