New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    may naka purchase na ba ng new facelifted fortuner sa mga fellow tsikoter? Ask ko lang kung magkano discounts nakuha niyo and freebies like registration insurance chattel mortgage and accesories. thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by spynz View Post
    Its just base on my experience with fortuner 2.5 and sta.fe 2.2 going to bagiuo. Although the fort had a heavy load and the sta.fe just pax of 5. I can compare the handling and the driving comfort. Sta.fe is better than the fort for me. Even though the fort is truck base frame i knew it. Even though we reached bagiuo but the fort exerted to much power compare to sta.fe.

I had a strada 2.5 2006 thats why i can compare it to the fort with the same engine displacement but the fort has less power and torque.

I like the 2.7 variant of the fort. Even though its gas guzzler but worthy.
    really..a bias opinion from a sta fe owner..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by spynz View Post
    Its just base on my experience with fortuner 2.5 and sta.fe 2.2 going to bagiuo. Although the fort had a heavy load and the sta.fe just pax of 5. I can compare the handling and the driving comfort. Sta.fe is better than the fort for me. Even though the fort is truck base frame i knew it. Even though we reached bagiuo but the fort exerted to much power compare to sta.fe.

I had a strada 2.5 2006 thats why i can compare it to the fort with the same engine displacement but the fort has less power and torque.

I like the 2.7 variant of the fort. Even though its gas guzzler but worthy.

this is so wrong... comparing a softroader to a truck-based SUV...

why do a lot of people, including magazines, pilit na kinukumpara ang mga sasakyan na hindi naman talaga magkatapat??? i have nothing against to anyone, it's just that it's so unfair judging a car of a certain category to another car of another category...

santa fe vs fortuner... tingin pa lang (like engine layout, size, underbody components) alam mo na alin sa dalawa ang mas malambot, even without drive testing... for sure santa fe na, no doubt. di ba sa umpisa pa lang RAV4 na ang kinakalaban ng santa fe??? hindi lang naglabas ng 3rd row seat ang RAV4 sa pinas due to the fortuner to prevent cannibalism... likewise sa Honda CR-V to raise the sales of their Pilot...

i think, and believe, that it's right to compare a car against its REAL rivals...

peace to everyone...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by agent_ysann View Post

why do a lot of people, including magazines, pilit na kinukumpara ang mga sasakyan na hindi naman talaga magkatapat??? i have nothing against to anyone, it's just that it's so unfair judging a car of a certain category to another car of another category...

santa fe vs fortuner... tingin pa lang (like engine layout, size, underbody components) alam mo na alin sa dalawa ang mas malambot, even without drive testing... for sure santa fe na, no doubt. di ba sa umpisa pa lang RAV4 na ang kinakalaban ng santa fe??? hindi lang naglabas ng 3rd row seat ang RAV4 sa pinas due to the fortuner to prevent cannibalism... likewise sa Honda CR-V to raise the sales of their Pilot...

i think, and believe, that it's right to compare a car against its REAL rivals...

peace to everyone...
    I must agree. It should be a Comapro on same built, and class. Likewise, taken into consideration; its engine displacement , modification , if it has undergo a recent facelift and/or totally new body design and suspension.

Understandable, some people do this because of the vested interest. Comparing a 2 totally different vehicle is unmatched from the very start. Thereby, placing the ride one high notch than its unrivaled competition. Let us just say, probably they have a same ride, and boosting their ego and uplifting there morale counts, Moreover, as they will get an affirmation that they have a better one than the latter. Sympre nga naman pogi points ito doon sa mas lamang na owner. Protecting there interest is also considered. Subjective ika nga...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by agent_ysann View Post

peace to everyone...
    it is probably the price.. which has more value for your money.. that sort of stuff

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jozef_10 View Post
    it is probably the price.. which has more value for your money.. that sort of stuff
    Yup, couldn't agree with you more sir. Price wise, the Sta. Fe and the Fort are "comparable", with the Fort being even lower in price v.s. the Sta. Fe. for some models.

So the tendency is, kung pasok ang isang particular vehicle sa budget ng buyer (i.e. Sta. Fe and Fort), iyon ang mga pagpipilian at ikukumpara niya. It may be like comparing apples to oranges on some levels, but it's not all bad, as long as the buyer does his research and get to understand the differences, and from there make an informed choice.

Understand also that all comparisons are subjective. There is of course the objective aspect (Build, dimensions, engine displacement, etc.), but in the end, the subjective aspect (Bias for or againts a car manufacturer, prior experience with a car manufacturer, aesthetics of the vehicle, etc.) makes up the majority of the decision-making process.

So cool lang mga peeps, we are all here to learn.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Wag nyo na patulan. Walang mangyayari kung puro away over things this petty.

Spynz, malabo talaga yun comparison bro. Truck based ang Fort tapos ang SF unibody monocoque, kaya natural mas comfortable ang SF.

sa power din, Fort 2.5L has 102hp/260Nm while SF 2.2L has 153hp/343Nm. Lugi nga naman ang Fort G. Dapat sa Fort 3.0L mo cinompare, at least, 163hp/343Nm yun.

Next year, yung 2010 SF will have 215ps/461Nm.... with the same 2.2L block, only better turbocharger from BorgWarner (or maybe Garret). I reckon same engine will be used for the upcoming Sorento (na sana mas mura sa SF).

But jozef_10 is right, it's probably the price range kaya nagkakataon lang at nakukumpara sila pero sa platform, ang magkatapat talaga Fort at MS since pareho sila truck based.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    as for comparison, sta. fe and outlander are the nearest draw where fortuner and montero are your best bet although you can put in the everest. then again, let's just stick to the topic. this is not a comparo thread afterall.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    lets not OBSTRUCT FREEDOM HERE! of course everyone has the RIGHT to compare anything he/she likes heck i can compare an ant to an elephant, an atis to a grape!

Between the Fortuner and Sta. Fe it is very IMPORTANT to have them compared since they are about the same price-range and it would really help a lot of buyers regarding this comparison...

i believe this is not a comparison thread but its has "?" in it so that means its asking if the fort is worth it.. my answer? NO

looking into the comparison sobrang under powered talaga yung fort... it would look SHlT near sta. Fe

sa lahat ng aspects TALO ang fort except the under chassis for going offroads eh offroad na nga ang rock hard ride nya eh hahaha and the spacious interior thats all.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Fortuner is a man's dream. There sales will not reached to this peak if they are not good. Of the three variant 3.0 is on top, 2.7 second and 2.5 is the third for me. Man made unique. Others like it but others don't. In the end we are still tsikoteers. Cheers!!!

Hope the ms will release there 2.5d4d so will have a good comparison.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
2008 Toyota Fortuner?