New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by intellution View Post
    Have this problem with our Camry...any easy solution? Pag pina tint ba ang windshield di na mag sticky?
    Tint will help but it seems (based on another thread) that Toyota replaces these if you have them evaluate it.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Tint will help but it seems (based on another thread) that Toyota replaces these if you have them evaluate it.
    Thanks for the reply vinj

3. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    I'm experiencing the same problem on my Toyota Camry 2007. Anyone else made a successful claim?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by steer View Post
    11/12/2012 emailed Toyota Philippines about Camry dashboard.

In between, Toyota called my up, made an ocular inspection of the problem.

12/13/2012 Toyota Q. Ave replaced dashboard free of charge!

Thank you Toyota!
    im surprised they replaced it asap. I had to go thru DTI to make them replace my dashboard and fix the noise inside 3 years ago while my car was still under warranty.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Had the same problem with my dashboard.

Servicing dealer asked me to write a letter of appeal to Toyota and a few weeks later, was informed that my request had been approved.

Glad to note that Toyota stands by its products even after the warranty period.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by br733 View Post
    Had the same problem with my dashboard.

Servicing dealer asked me to write a letter of appeal to Toyota and a few weeks later, was informed that my request had been approved.

Glad to note that Toyota stands by its products even after the warranty period.
    Same here. Got Toyota's advise that they are extending the warranty of my 07 Camry and they will replace my sticky dashboard without any charge. The work will take 4-5 days but they offered a loaner car. Good job Toyota Customer Service!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by macxchange View Post
    Same here. Got Toyota's advise that they are extending the warranty of my 07 Camry and they will replace my sticky dashboard without any charge. The work will take 4-5 days but they offered a loaner car. Good job Toyota Customer Service!
    I also have the same sticky dashboard problem. How can I go about to have it replaced by Toyota. The model is a 2.4V 2007 model. I know it is out of warranty but I am really surprised that it is degrading badly like this.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance / guidance on this.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bimparts View Post
    im surprised they replaced it asap. I had to go thru DTI to make them replace my dashboard and fix the noise inside 3 years ago while my car was still under warranty.
    May I kindly ask to whom you have to address the letter to and what supporting documents required to get this done?

thanks in advance!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.alonzo View Post
    I also have the same sticky dashboard problem. How can I go about to have it replaced by Toyota. The model is a 2.4V 2007 model. I know it is out of warranty but I am really surprised that it is degrading badly like this.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance / guidance on this.
    Take the car first to your suking Toyota dealer with the concern. Maybe they will replace it there and then upon evaluation if it is subject to a recall or replacement bulletin (with no regard to warranty of the car).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    This has been very helpful and yes, not all are given favorable decisions, I was told, particularly attempts has been made to do DIY fixes or third party repairs on the melting dashboard (like painting over them, putting leather wraps, etc). I guess, I can count myself as one of the lucky few that got favorable replacement given that it costs anywhere from Php 120k to 150k to get it replaced and installed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast