New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ic. yup it is coming to the our shores. I think we are the last ASEAN country to get the Yaris. Ang alam ko malapit na ilaunch ito
    Last edited by carlocaraddict; January 23rd, 2007 at 02:52 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    So lahat ng features na yan kasama?Kung ganun its not teddy bear.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    this model has been out in the market more than a year ago in our neighboring country like Indonesia.
    I believe the problem why it is not introduce here in Philippines is because of the market share that it may compete with it own model Vios

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    The Yaris is scheduled for release this March, ilang tulog na lang guys.

As of the moment, TMP is still working on the exact price of the Yaris, we will update you guys of any development.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji_DCP View Post
    I think it is also known as the Vitz and Echo in other countries. Perhaps TMPI decided to sell it here as the Yaris since the Echo was not successful here.
    Actually thats not the reason.
    Echo and Yaris were both export market names for the JDM Vitz, Toyota just decided to simplify it and call all export market models Yaris.

The ASEAN "Yaris" sedan is expected to be called Vios (2007/08 Vios thread)...

Quote Originally Posted by hotwheels
    I believe the problem why it is not introduce here in Philippines is because of the market share that it may compete with it own model Vios
    There was a rumor/insider report that TMPI had to sort things out with Toyota Thailand(the source for CBU units), this caused the delay... I'm not really sure of the reason, but it should have been launched last year with the New Camry and Avanza.

Anybody have the estimated price of the Yaris 1.5?
    Last edited by AG4; January 23rd, 2007 at 04:23 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    will this be as expensive as the old echo? if it is then baka lalangawin nanaman ito...pero looks waaay better than the vios or jazz imo.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Actually thats not the reason.
    Echo and Yaris were both export market names for the JDM Vitz, Toyota just decided to simplify it and call all export market models Yaris.

The ASEAN "Yaris" sedan is expected to be called Vios (2007/08 Vios thread)...

There was a rumor/insider report that TMPI had to sort things out with Toyota Thailand(the source for CBU units), this caused the delay... I'm not really sure of the reason, but it should have been launched last year with the New Camry and Avanza.

Anybody have the estimated price of the Yaris 1.5?

at the moment, we still don't have an idea of how much the Yaris would retail, but it would definitely be competitive to the Jazz.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by miketejero View Post
    at the moment, we still don't have an idea of how much the Yaris would retail, but it would definitely be competitive to the Jazz.
    Mike,

TMPI should have introduced the Yaris when Honda came out with the Jazz/Fit. We'll its never too late. I hope they should make the price more competitive.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    one engine variant lang? Will it have the tiptronic shifting similar to the jazz?
    Will there be a diesel model variant? yun ang gusto ko.
    whats its fuel economy rating?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    one engine variant lang? Will it have the tiptronic shifting similar to the jazz?
    Will there be a diesel model variant? yun ang gusto ko.
    whats its fuel economy rating?

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
2007 Toyota Yaris [Merged Threads]